Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you photograph your charity quilts? >

Do you photograph your charity quilts?

Do you photograph your charity quilts?

Old 03-04-2022, 07:50 AM

I do photograph mine and save to my computer and phone so that when someone asks me "What is Project Linus?" I can tell them and then show them some of the examples of quilts they like to receive. Plus, I post them on Facebook to show my out of town family and friends.
Old 03-04-2022, 08:04 AM

I do make a copy so I can put it in my quilt photo album. I note to whom it goes to.
Old 03-04-2022, 04:54 PM
Power Poster

I do... and have tried to keep up albums here in my profile. Sometimes the albums don't get made, but I do try to photograph the quilts.
Old 03-05-2022, 03:42 AM

I also take photos of all of my finishes and have a “quilt” folder to access them easily.
Old 03-05-2022, 04:24 AM

Yes, I do. they are a record of the "work" I do and my personal history of quilt making. It is also a record of sorts of financial donations should there ever be a question about the number and sizes of quilts I donate to organizations such as Project Linus. Those I simply give to someone because they are in need of a quilt or a comforting hug are photographed onlyt as a record of my quilting history aka journey.

Interesting thread coincidence. Yesterday I was cleaning content from an old thumb drives and I found photos of quilts I had forgotten about and one that I thought I had never photographed. It was such a surprise to find that I had made a Sudoku quilt. Had forgotten all about it. It was like finding treasures hidden in the attic only it was on my computer.
Old 03-05-2022, 10:35 AM

I do take pictures of my quilts. But then I realized last year that there was a pile I donated that I missed the final pictures on. I usually take pictures in the process to share with my Mom...so I might be able to have some idea what I did!!! I often re-make a pattern for a charity quilt so its nice to have a visual of how I used a particular pattern before.
Old 03-05-2022, 10:54 AM

I take photos after the binding goes on all of my projects. Bags, runners, quilts including charity. Sometimes I donate a quilt project that resulted from a class I took so the photo reminds me of the class experience.
Old 03-05-2022, 10:56 AM
Power Poster

Well, sometimes, if I need a reference to the item that went to an organization for tax deduction purposes. I also used to set up a preliminary site for a charity sale. That way people knew what was being offered at a silent auction sale ahead of time.
But, mostly for sharing here on the board before the giving.