Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you photograph your charity quilts? >

Do you photograph your charity quilts?

Do you photograph your charity quilts?

Old 03-03-2022, 07:51 PM

Default Do you photograph your charity quilts?

So many here are making charity quilts on a regular basis. I'm wondering, do you ever take pictures of them before giving them away? I do, as I love to use the photos as wallpaper on my phone or tablet. In that way I can continue to enjoy the quilts even after donating them.
Old 03-03-2022, 08:18 PM

Good idea. I photo them because they're usually patterns to use repeatedly
Old 03-03-2022, 08:46 PM
Power Poster

I do if they turn out especially well in case I want to remember a good pattern or arrangement.
Old 03-03-2022, 09:18 PM

At the beginning of my donating and quilting, I did photograph all my quilts. But since then, not usually.
Old 03-04-2022, 04:53 AM

I usually take pictures of all my quilts. I like looking back at quilts I've made.
Old 03-04-2022, 05:40 AM

I do. Like QuiltBaer, I like to look back on the quilts I've made.
Old 03-04-2022, 05:46 AM

I've been keeping photo albums of most of my quilts since there was actual film. I've missed some over the years for whatever reason(s). Is always funny to go through one of the old albums and find quilts I have completely forgotten about.

As time has gone on, I've started using the notebooks to also contain whatever plans or drawings or templates or tools I made for the project as well -- with the Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilts her paint chips go in too, along with the directions.
Old 03-04-2022, 06:23 AM

I photo all my quilts in case I ever need to go back to see what I did for that quilt pattern. I try to make a quilt pattern only once but occasionally I like it so much I make another one but totally different.
Old 03-04-2022, 06:28 AM

I started out with an old-fashioned photo album where I took and pasted a picture and also wrote down my notes. Now, with all these cell phone photos, I no longer have the actual paper picture but have made a list of the quilts with a brief note as to description, the measurements, what batting and thread was used and the size of the quilt, the size after quilting, and the size after washing the finished quilt as I like to wash them all before gifting. It is interesting to see how much they do shrink. I have a flannel quilt that I should remeasure now that it has been washed several times. I am sure it has shrunk even further. I do have photos of a lot of quilts on my cell phone but will delete some as time goes on. Oh, and I also make a note as to whether the quilt was a charity quilt as I try and give away at least 20% of my quilts to a charity.
Old 03-04-2022, 06:32 AM

I use to photograph all of my quilts and from time to time they came in handy. Especially if someone wanted that pattern again. Charity quilts not so much since it do the same pattern over and over again depending on what is being requested.