Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do You Show Your Hubby........... >

Do You Show Your Hubby...........

Do You Show Your Hubby...........

Old 02-15-2011, 08:01 AM

I buy what I want, no problems there. But, yes I do show him some of the rooms, mainly because I am wanting to use the guest room for a sewing room( can't convince him of that yet). Also, he used to think I had so much stuff and a mess when I sewed, so I want him to see how little stuff and mess I really have, your stash should really help out with that!LOL What I want to know is, how do you find anything when you have so much to go through?
Old 02-15-2011, 08:11 AM

LOL Every time a new package of fabric comes in the mail and my husband says something to the effect of me having enough fabric, I show him pictures on here of people's stash. My stash (minus scraps, batting and fluffy fabrics like fleece and minky) is contained to ONE baker's rack. It's pretty full, but it's not even half the size of our book shelf (which I would love to appropriate for my fabric...lol). When I show him a stash picture from here, he says "never mind..." and doesn't say anything for a while when I get a package...lol
Old 02-15-2011, 08:23 AM

We heartily subscribe to "if Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." We've never had to clear purchases with each other....his standard answer now when I say something about "thinking about buying..": Well, it is just the two of us, if you want it get it!!! I know we are very blessed in this household!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:44 AM

Part of it??? lol I thought I had alot but I can keep buying! I ban my DH from my sewing room!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaB
Whenever there is a picture on this Board of a large stash, I make sure I show my hubby so of course, he won't complain about all my fabric. Does anybody else have this wicked streak as I do?
I show my husband because he loves fabric just as much as I do. They love him at the fabric store because I'll request X amount of a fabric and he'll say "Oh, go ahead and give her X more, we should get it while we're here, just in case she needs more and you all run out." He's a gem. Ladies in there are always telling me how lucky I am and that they are jealous.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:37 AM

Never. My dh has absolutely no interest in what I do, not even when I finally decided I would try once again and gave him a quilt, o..a quilt. So, no I am not even sure I told him about this board!! lol
Old 02-15-2011, 02:18 PM

I only show him the quilts or tutorials, ( he's very interested in the construcion)other than that, he's VERY indulgent with what ever project I happen doing... it seems like I have one in most rooms of the house to work on... because you don't know what you might want to work on at any given moment! He would never suggest I have too much fabric, just like I would never suggest he has too many classic cars ( or parts). I LOVE that man!