Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you take photos of your work? >

Do you take photos of your work?

Do you take photos of your work?

Old 08-27-2011, 04:34 AM

Always. Keep on computer in a quilt file.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:37 AM

I take pics of all my quilts before giving them to the recipeint. I also have a journal that I write in as I peice it together. I have pics of my kids holding the quilts I made for them. As in my avatar pic. That is my son with the quilt I made for him.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:23 AM

I have always taken pictures of any of my needlework dreations. I didn't really start putting them in a book until I started quilting and wanted to document with more detail, plus include scraps of the actual fabric. so now I have a nice scrapbook, and can share that a bit easier than dragging quilts along with me.
Now my only problem is when the color cartridge in my printer is getting low, and I have to wait weeks and weeks until it's dead and I can change it!
Old 08-27-2011, 04:21 PM

I am taking pictures of everything that I have made & putting them into a photo album. I also keep an 5 X 7 index card with info. (who & when) I still have to print out the pics, but so far so good.

debra
Old 09-25-2011, 10:34 AM

I do. Then I put them in Photo Bucket
Old 09-25-2011, 10:45 AM

I take several different pictures of my quilts and then scrapbook those pictures. I also try to get a picture of the person who the quilt is for (holding the quilt) to put in there, too. I journal why I made the quilt, the date, who it was for, etc. On the page opposite this scrapbook/journal page I attach a little fabric swatch of each of the fabrics used in the quilt. Someday it'll be fun to go back and look at what I've accomplished and how I've improved (hopefully)! :o) I haven't always remembered to do this before I empty my sewing room garbage can, but I also try to include the name and maker of the fabric. I just had a thought - it would be kinda fun to include the price I paid for the fabric, too! Fifty years from now people will be jealous that we "only" had to pay $10 a yard for fabric! :o)
Old 09-25-2011, 11:06 AM

I try to take pictures of everything I make. I keep them all on my shutterfly account in one virtual album. Every now and then I print out all the new ones and put them in a real album.

The one quilt I forgot to take a picture of was one of my favorites. I gave it to my son's girlfriend for her high school graduation last year. I asked her to take a picture for me, but she keeps forgetting, although she says she loves it and that she uses it all the time in her dorm to keep warm. Hopefully one day she will remember to take a picture.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:07 AM

I try to take pictures of everything I make. I keep them all on my shutterfly account in one virtual album. Every now and then I print out all the new ones and put them in a real album.

The one quilt I forgot to take a picture of was one of my favorites. I gave it to my son's girlfriend for her high school graduation last year. I asked her to take a picture for me, but she keeps forgetting, although she says she loves it and that she uses it all the time in her dorm to keep warm. Hopefully one day she will remember to take a picture.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:21 AM

I post mine in albums on my Facebook page.
Sandy
Old 09-25-2011, 11:25 AM

I do now. I keep a small journal about every quilt - just a looseleaf page that goes into a binder for small quilts and Doll quilts - and I take photos too. I try to upload them all to photobucket or store them on the computer, but in the beginning I didn't.