Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you think you could get tired of quilting? >

Do you think you could get tired of quilting?

Do you think you could get tired of quilting?

Old 12-23-2010, 07:08 AM

Remember quilting costs money. If you don't have any you can't quilt. Just make sure you can afford your hobby.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:09 AM

When its cold I can sit at my sewing maching for hours and hours and not get tired of quilting, then at night while I'm watching TV I do the hand quilting on another one, but when summer comes I loose intrest and want to be out side.
I'm retired now to my favroite day is when all I do is quilt and I do it alot :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-23-2010, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ann Marie O
I have to admit that when I was working I dreamed of having more time to quilt/sew and now that I am laid off work (almost 2 years) I don't quilt as much as I could. However, I agree with others - when I get tired of doing something, I take a break and do something else for awhile - but I always come back to my "good old sewing machine". And as far a looking at magazines, patterns and fabric - online and in stores - I never tire of that!
What a cute dog,
Old 12-23-2010, 07:14 AM

I really don't get tired of it but sometimes get burnt out and need a few brakes to do something else.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:14 AM

I just started in January 2010 - I'm 61 and can see myself doing this for some time! So far, I really love it - there is so much to learn!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:15 AM

Marie, the child you posted on your profile is just precious!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:16 AM

nope, not at all. :)
Old 12-23-2010, 07:19 AM

I would never get tired of quilting if it was for ME but to do it for a job, it would get old too just like any other job. I don't work as I am a stay at home wifey & I can hardly find time to get in there to sew now!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:15 AM
nab

I turned 60 this year. I work pretty much full-time. I own 1/3 of our business so you do work a lot. I take Saturday and Sunday mornings, when the rest in our house sleeps in or goes to work, to quilt. I usually get up (well the pups get me up)around 5 to 6 am. It's Ok because I'm a morning person. We make our tea and head to the quilting room. I get a good 4, 5 and sometimes 6 hour of peace and quiet just for myself. It helps iron out the week's work and put me in a better frame of mind. I will probably retire eventually, but I don't think I will quit quilting. I would not want to do it as a job. The I-have-to takes the fun and relaxing quality away. I also have other projects such a knitting and crocheting so I can challange myself there if I get to a "I need a break" point. I think we all get to that point once-in-awhile. This board helps me see that it is alright to take a break. We are not alone.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:53 AM

I have 3 boys, 1 moved out now and am not working because my husband would just a soon I didn't, and when the boys were all younger with sitters charges, not feasible ... so with the said I am able to do a lot of quilting. Do I? Yes I do! I never tire of it!!! But I am always sure to quit by the time the boys and hubby comes home, unless there is something that I have promised to have done by a certain time which is not something I don't make a habit of.
No, I don't think I could ever get tired of it! I have people ask me if I ever sleep... or something like that and yes, I do But I love it...It's been 4 years, and always find something or someone does for me.. to keep my interest peaked and make that gotta try..quilt.