Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you think you could get tired of quilting? >

Do you think you could get tired of quilting?

Do you think you could get tired of quilting?

Old 12-23-2010, 05:33 AM
Banned

Only if Im under pressure to complete a project.That takes the fun out. Or if I had to make the same thing over and over.Thats why I like scrappy quilts.I seldom do a quilt with repeating blocks of the same colors. I did a gazillion table toppers,but they were all different so it was fun.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:37 AM

I agree Sadie...I often get tired or bored with something I have been working on and wish it was just finished..but I have yet to get tired of quilting..Merry Christmas..and don't worry you will find a good balance for yourself..
Old 12-23-2010, 05:39 AM

Smiles softly at you..You bet there is a quilters heaven and I know God has made a huge room just for you!!!!Blessings and Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-23-2010, 05:50 AM

I quit working about 4 years ago to stay home and quilt. I am loving every moment of it. I can never get enough.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:21 AM

Every now and then I need a break but, nah, once its in the blood, there is no getting rid of it.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:33 AM

I have had the luxury of not having to work for the past 5 years and have been totally absorbed with quilting for the last 3 years. In the past, I have tried many crafts and have quickly become bored and moved onto something new. This hasn't happened with quilting. The more I quilt, the more I love it! I usually sew at least 5 days a week. I am able to leave all my WIP's out so I can sit down and sew whenever I want. Quilting totally meets my creative needs and I am absolutely enthralled with it. Probably a good thing considering the accumulation of fabrics, tools and machines!
Old 12-23-2010, 06:36 AM

I have had many hobbies, and quilting is my favorite. I told DH just the other day. I love taking fabric and turning it into a work of art.
Don't plan on getting tired of it any time soon
Old 12-23-2010, 06:43 AM

I am a retired homebody who loves to quilt, but I don't overdo. Lots of days, I don't even quilt & I don't worry about it. I am always thinking about it, but I do other things too. I don't ever want to burnout on it, so I don't overdo it. Also, my body pays, if I do, lol... I think we can burnout doing too much of most anything, so it's best to stay busy, & do something else too, not just quilting. Quilting relaxes me & takes me to a special place, away from all the rest. I can think about things while I quilt, & some worries become crystal clear. Other times, I just wipe my mind clear, & whatever comes to me then, just comes. I really try to not give myself a chance to burn out on it....
Old 12-23-2010, 06:49 AM

I have to admit that when I was working I dreamed of having more time to quilt/sew and now that I am laid off work (almost 2 years) I don't quilt as much as I could. However, I agree with others - when I get tired of doing something, I take a break and do something else for awhile - but I always come back to my "good old sewing machine". And as far a looking at magazines, patterns and fabric - online and in stores - I never tire of that!
Old 12-23-2010, 06:59 AM

I get tired of the intensity of making a client's request. Will it be ok? Is it the right color? Do the points match? Since Christmas is almost over, I'm taking next week to just have fun at my sewing machine. That's where I am the happiest. Sometimes just changing the reason for the quilt is the answer.