Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you use Connecting Threads Thread? >

Do you use Connecting Threads Thread?

Do you use Connecting Threads Thread?

Old 12-24-2010, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Kryssa
So it's come to the point where I go through so much neutral piecing thread that I'm considering buying it in bigger quantities online.

Does anyone use the Connecting Threads Essential Cotton Thread?
$2.49 for 1200 yds is a great deal if the thread is a good quality.
Yes, I have bought their thread and have not had a problem with it. I waited till they had a sale on thread and I bought some other colors as well.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:24 AM

I use it in both of my home machines and my longarm. Yes it lints up, I always clean the bobbin cases and bobbin. For the price you can't go wrong for everyday sewing, but I also use bottom line & so fine in my bobbins at times. I use the type of thread that goes best with what I am working on at the time.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:48 AM
Lyn

Originally Posted by quiltbugs
Many people love Connecting Threads thread. I have used it several times but it seems to make a lot of lint in my machine. Tons of lint. However, it may just be my machine because everyone else seems to love it.
I have the same problem plus it is not consistantly the same width and seems to break periodically. Again it might be my machine and I need to use up the rest of the thread because I bought a lot.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:56 AM

Absolutely it is wonderful thread. Just took a Judy Niemeyer paper piecing class for a 60" table topper (my Avatar) & used Essentials thread, it is so nice & no lint. Prices are great!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:27 AM

I love their thread. It is all I have used for several years. For my part it is just as good as Gutterman for a much better price.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:28 AM

I LOVE CT thread. In fact I hope that Santa has a couple of the color sets under the tree for me tonight (along with the batik charm pack of all the colors).

Pat
Old 12-24-2010, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by morelcabin
Connecting threads thread is all I use anymore. Yes it does lint up the bobbin case, but just clean it more often, it is well worth the savings! And the thread itself works great
But if it lints up the bobbin case that bad, what is it doing inside the machine? Surely it can't just be depositing it in one area heavily without affecting other parts of the machine, right?
Old 12-24-2010, 08:38 AM

Yes, I do and I love it. I too, was thinking of buying the larger cones, when I'd use a whole spool to fmq a project. I got several colors I 'd use most of and sure think there are a better investment. I've also gotten several of their brightly colored thread collections, when they're on sale.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
All cotton thread creates lint...does not matter if it comes from connecting threads, mettler, superior, atlanta threads... that's why we don't complain about it...it is the normal way it is. if you don't want the lint try poly threads. they do not create the lint. but it may not be the thread at fault for you (to any great extent.cotton batting creates LOTS of lint too...so the lint could be from the batting, cotton fabrics and thread all together.
Originally Posted by quiltbugs
Many people love Connecting Threads thread. I have used it several times but it seems to make a lot of lint in my machine. Tons of lint. However, it may just be my machine because everyone else seems to love it.
I agree with this too. The lint is probably a combination of thread, cotton fabric and batting. Just get in the habit of cleaning more often and it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:06 AM

Yes, I sure do. In fact just placed an order for more a few minutes ago.