Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does any subscribe to QNNtv?

Does any subscribe to QNNtv?

While I quilt I like to be able to listen different podcast but lately I have decided to listen to videos on youtube about quilting. So I decided that maybe that subscribing to QNNtv would benefit me since I like quilting like I do, does anyone else subscribe to it or any other quilting show? or am I just wasting my money?

I subscribe to The Quilt Show with Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson. A new show every two weeks and if you join you will be able to see all the back shows. I look forward to it as there is information, techniques, sometimes they visit a museum or quilt show or location that is interesting. Always something good and a nice variety. Also a BOM on the site and a daily blog. Lots of inspiration.

Watching Simply Quilts during summer months (I was a teacher) is where I developed my curiosity and love for quilting. Besides Alex's knowledge of the art of quilting and her awesome personality, she always had such great guests. I visited with her once at a Martha Pullen Sewing Market and just wanted to bring her home in my suitcase!
    One step at a time, always forward.

Gosh, GailG, that's how I learned about and to love quilting. I'd watch Simply Quilts while I ate breakfast before work.

I used to watch QNNtv when it was free. Now I find there are enough free videos on line to satisfy me.
    Alyce

There are too many u-tube videos for me to watch everything so why pay when there is so much that is out there for free. I have boxes of VHS tapes with Simple Quilts. STILL enjoy watching the old episodes.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I have found that the ones online some of them to do not always have good quility, and are not long enough. If I could fine a good quilting video podcast then I would feel there is a reason to subscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    There are too many u-tube videos for me to watch everything so why pay when there is so much that is out there for free. I have boxes of VHS tapes with Simple Quilts. STILL enjoy watching the old episodes.
    The content is much better then the free you tube videos. I subscribe to both QNNTV and The Quilt Show. Eleanor Burns has a really good video program too.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I was going to subscribe to QNNTV, but then I found that you get free access with a Quilter's Club of America membership. It's only $5 more and you get a free quarterly magazine and free shipping from Keepsake Quilting. I've found some pretty helpful videos on QNNTV. But then again, I've also seen some good free content on YouTube, as well.

I like the QNNTV. I've been a member for couple of years and have always found interesting things to watch.
    - Rose

It was free till Fons and Porter bought it.
    It has a lot of old shows that I enjoyed so much. So maybe a membership for one year just to see all the old stuff.
    Cancell once you are caught up.

I used to purchase it, but found I learned more and really enjoy the variety and high quality of the Quilt Show. For me I felt I could only justify one subscription and the Quilt Show definitely was my first choice.
    “Come to me all you who are weary and I will give you rest”~Jesus

Alex Anderson used to have such a great show when HGTV had real programming for crafters and hobbyists, like Alex's show and Carol Duval's craft show. How I miss those type shows and the forums that went with them too.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

I always had trouble getting signed on to watch. After a couple of years I gave up. I bought the "Quilting show membership, use Jenny Doan and have found that you can find a solution to most questions on you tube.

Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooper32 View Post
    Alex Anderson used to have such a great show when HGTV had real programming for crafters and hobbyists, like Alex's show and Carol Duval's craft show. How I miss those type shows and the forums that went with them too.
    Amen....HGTV is a lost channel for me...never watch it...used to watch it constantly...but things change...

I did for several years but never really had time to watch. So for me it wasn't worth it

I used to watch it, but it didn't stream properly on my computer, and I find that frustrating. I enjoy watching vidcasts http://bonniemccaffery.com/vidcasts/ while I'm stitching; and also play through Quilville's webcam archives.

I really like The Quilt Show. I'm not so fond of QNN...just doesn't draw me.

I have been reminiscing lately about how good HGTV used to be with Carol Duvall's Craft show and the wonderful, 'Simply Quilts'! I miss both of those so very much! I LOVED, 'Simply Quilts' and that too is where I got my inspiration to begin quilting. I also watched, 'Quilt in a Day' quite a bit too. I sure miss those days on HGTV!
    Gee, maybe we should let HGTV know how we feel! Bring back those crafting shows!!!
    ~Sheriann~💖 BabyLock Ellisimo 💖 Husqvarna Viking Designet 1ESS 💖 BabyLock Imagine 💖 Janome Jem Platinum 760 ♥ Beloved Gram's 1924 Singer Treadle 💖 1937 & 1953 Singer Featherweights #IAMSEWBLESSED ♥

I did the Quilters Club of America for a long time but I just don't have time to sit and watch enough to make it worth the cost.

Blog Entries
    I used to belong watched several things on it, but you can get so much free, sewing with Nancy is free also Craftsy has several free classes ther block of month clss is free and this year Jinny Brier is hosting it, you can join for free and classes are not expensive to take I have taken many and I am truly happy with them

Yea, good luck with the "cancel" part of your subscription. I've been trying since November to get a refund from them
    after they did one of their automatic renewal things and charged my credit card for a year. I can't get a reply to ANY of
    the emails I've sent them and am truly at the end of my rope. I will never buy another F&P magazine, notion, or pattern
    as I don't want to do business with a company that treats customers like that. Shame on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
    It was free till Fons and Porter bought it.
    It has a lot of old shows that I enjoyed so much. So maybe a membership for one year just to see all the old stuff.
    Cancell once you are caught up.

I agree so much. Used to really enjoy HGTV with all the crafters -- they were slowly moved to night time hours and then deleted.

I know I remember the old days when they had her show on HGTV I miss when we could watch it like that.

I wonder if anybody at HGTV looks at this board? The only thing I am sure to watch on HGTV is the Rose Parade. It was great when Paul James was the host - he really knew the plants and flowers being used (and how to pronounce them!!! not like the current dynamic twin duo who look good but can't even read the script right. I miss HGTV, it seems to have been replaced by BSTV (Buy Sell TV).

To the original question, I gave up on QNNTV when Mark Lipinski left, I really enjoyed his show, but I don't like Fons and Porter products for much of anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by lkms View Post
    Yea, good luck with the "cancel" part of your subscription. I've been trying since November to get a refund from them
    after they did one of their automatic renewal things and charged my credit card for a year. I can't get a reply to ANY of
    the emails I've sent them and am truly at the end of my rope. I will never buy another F&P magazine, notion, or patter

as I don't want to do business with a company that treats customers like that. Shame on them.

You can dispute the charge with your credit card company. Hopefully you kept copies of your correspondence concerning your cancellation. You'll probably have to prove that you cancelled.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast