Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does any subscribe to QNNtv? >

Does any subscribe to QNNtv?

Does any subscribe to QNNtv?

Old 01-04-2015, 02:46 PM

Yea, good luck with the "cancel" part of your subscription. I've been trying since November to get a refund from them
after they did one of their automatic renewal things and charged my credit card for a year. I can't get a reply to ANY of
the emails I've sent them and am truly at the end of my rope. I will never buy another F&P magazine, notion, or pattern
as I don't want to do business with a company that treats customers like that. Shame on them.

Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
It was free till Fons and Porter bought it.
It has a lot of old shows that I enjoyed so much. So maybe a membership for one year just to see all the old stuff.
Cancell once you are caught up.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Yooper32 View Post
Alex Anderson used to have such a great show when HGTV had real programming for crafters and hobbyists, like Alex's show and Carol Duval's craft show. How I miss those type shows and the forums that went with them too.
I agree so much. Used to really enjoy HGTV with all the crafters -- they were slowly moved to night time hours and then deleted.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Yooper32 View Post
Alex Anderson used to have such a great show when HGTV had real programming for crafters and hobbyists, like Alex's show and Carol Duval's craft show. How I miss those type shows and the forums that went with them too.
I know I remember the old days when they had her show on HGTV I miss when we could watch it like that.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:44 PM

I wonder if anybody at HGTV looks at this board? The only thing I am sure to watch on HGTV is the Rose Parade. It was great when Paul James was the host - he really knew the plants and flowers being used (and how to pronounce them!!! not like the current dynamic twin duo who look good but can't even read the script right. I miss HGTV, it seems to have been replaced by BSTV (Buy Sell TV).

To the original question, I gave up on QNNTV when Mark Lipinski left, I really enjoyed his show, but I don't like Fons and Porter products for much of anything anymore.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by lkms View Post
Yea, good luck with the "cancel" part of your subscription. I've been trying since November to get a refund from them
after they did one of their automatic renewal things and charged my credit card for a year. I can't get a reply to ANY of
the emails I've sent them and am truly at the end of my rope. I will never buy another F&P magazine, notion, or patter

as I don't want to do business with a company that treats customers like that. Shame on them.

You can dispute the charge with your credit card company. Hopefully you kept copies of your correspondence concerning your cancellation. You'll probably have to prove that you cancelled.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Divokittysmom View Post
I have been reminiscing lately about how good HGTV used to be with Carol Duvall's Craft show and the wonderful, 'Simply Quilts'! I miss both of those so very much! I LOVED, 'Simply Quilts' and that too is where I got my inspiration to begin quilting. I also watched, 'Quilt in a Day' quite a bit too. I sure miss those days on HGTV!
Gee, maybe we should let HGTV know how we feel! Bring back those crafting shows!!!
I have written them but I guess all those Flip this house stuff must be what everyone wants to see now. :/
Old 01-04-2015, 09:26 PM

I was a member for about three years. I found that I did not use the membership much. I am not saying you won't, just that there are so many free helps out there, that I could not justify it for my budget. I did use it quite a bit at first, but then I was new to the net. Give it a shot, it may be just what you need. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I don't remember the cost being very much, just more than my income could meet.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by kathidahl View Post
Amen....HGTV is a lost channel for me...never watch it...used to watch it constantly...but things change...
Is for me too. Always watched Simply Quilts and Carol Duval. Watching Alex is how I learned to hand quilt. Thanks Alex for all the shows you did.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:24 PM

lkms, your comment is spot-on. I've had problems with F&P customer service too. I had e-mailed them one time, and they sent me a response almost a YEAR later! And the response was absolutely not helpful.

I had a QNNTV membership for about four years; like someone else mentioned, I gave it up when Mark Lipinski bowed out. Could never stand Jodie Davis so her presence is no draw for me.

On the other hand, I love my Craftsy classes! Even the free classes are top-notch. I enjoy putting on a class and watching before I go to sleep at night. Weird, I know!

And there's always Jenny Doan on YouTube! Now that I have the Amazon fire stick, I can watch Jenny on my larger TV instead of my tablet... awesome!!