Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anybody else have this Janome sewing machine? >

Does anybody else have this Janome sewing machine?

Does anybody else have this Janome sewing machine?

Old 10-25-2012, 01:02 PM

Default Does anybody else have this Janome sewing machine?

I have a Janome Quilter's Choice 6260 and I have never seen it mentioned in any of the threads. Does anybody else have this machine, and how would you rate it? I bought it about 4 years ago from a LQS when I was just contemplating becoming a quilter (read: didn't have a clue what I was really needing or looking for). So far I don't have any complaints with it except that it has a top loading bobbin. When I did a Yahoo search on the machine all I could get were references to Australia. So how did I come by this machine, are there any others out there, and if so, how would you rate it? Thank you.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:31 PM

I have the 6260 as well. I bought it about the same time as you. I took quilting classes and have had no problems with the machine. Before that I owned a Singer Futura (40 years) and figured it was time to get a new machine. My Singer was bolted to a sewing cabinet so I really appreciated the portability of the Janome. Looking back the only thing I wish was there was more space to the right of the needle, I do my own quilting and sometimes it is a challenge. I do love the self threader and needle down features. I have no plans to buy another, I spend my money on the fabric.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:26 PM

What problem do you have with a top loading bobbin? I love how easy it is to load and I have a lot less tension problems with it.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaR View Post
What problem do you have with a top loading bobbin? I love how easy it is to load and I have a lot less tension problems with it.
Now that I think about it, I don't have any tension problems . But since I am a beginning quilter and trying to perfect my 1/4" seam,the top loading bobbin makes it hard to use a seam guide. I've tried several stick-on kinds that supposedly are repositionable, but they're not. And those things are expensive. And the metal one that screws onto the machine is no good for a 1/4" seam because 1/4" falls on the feed dogs. Any suggestions?
Old 10-26-2012, 06:30 AM

I have the 6260 and I love it. This machine made me a Janome fan for life. I have recently learned that this machine is retired. Really bummed me out. This is my only piecing machine and I'm afraid something will happen to it and I will be lost. I like the needle up and down button, needle threader, the ability to move the needle right or left (just found this after 6 yrs. of owning machine) and all the other goodies. I think you will love this machine once you start using it.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:55 AM

Love this machine & wonder why it seems so rare.Purchased it from a local guy who had a repair shop & sold a few machines.Got no instruction but it was pretty easy to check the book that came with it. Love the needle up/down and the needle threader once I figured it out. Notice that it acts up when the bobbin is almost empty so I know I need to fill it. Otherwise when it acts up it needs oil or re-threading.Buy yourself a 1/4 inch foot for piecing.Best investment you can make. My machine is dead on 1/4" with the foot.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:03 AM

Models come and go. You cant keep up with them so no sense trying. I have 4 Janomes....love them!!!

Sandy