Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
does anyone else have quilters ADD? >

does anyone else have quilters ADD?

does anyone else have quilters ADD?

Old 06-15-2010, 05:07 AM

I'm definitely a member of that group! I enjoy the process much more than the product, so many of my projects end up as UFOs. I finally realized it's not written in stone that one must *finish* every one begun, so quite a few of my UFOs are now on someone else's 'to do' list! Right now I'm into the purse/bag mode--hate to carry them, but love making them :)rusty
Old 06-15-2010, 06:20 AM

Well, I have quilting ADD, cross stitch ADD, mosaic ADD,redwork ADD, cake decorating ADD....and next week I start learning pottery, so I'm sure I'll have ADD with that too! My quilting ADD is the worst....and my DD gave me three patterns for "Christmas quilts" for her boys and her DH....and I already hate the technique! (Can you say MAJOR PROCRASTINATION????) They're all made with 1 1/2" wide strips that are each made of varying size pieces; they look like old dot-matrix video game screens when done. I've had these a month and finally cut a little on the first one yesterday. I'm going to need a major fun project to get through the ONE that I've promised by Christmas! (Have plenty to choose from for the fun project, don't worry....and just found my local WalMart has batik fat quarters, eight in a pack, for $10. Good quality, too! Will probably make something from those...)
Old 06-15-2010, 07:43 AM
dsj

That's what quilters are about we all have the same wonderful thing in common. It could be A.D.D. or just the fact that we have beautiful minds and are always thinking about other people and how we can help change the world with buying fabric and making lovely things out of it. If we didn't buy the fabrics the cotton fields would not exist, what would we do without cotton, the world would end, we can't have that. It's the chain of life really. We recycle and reuse so we are environmental friendly kind of people. We supply the needy and the sick with our creations too. So whatever we have it's a good thing, I think.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by tortoisethreads
I found myself at the sewing machine a lot today, yet I kept walking away from quilt blocks to making things like pin cushions? I do this a lot. Sometimes I start a new quilt and then within' an hour or so, I whip out a quick skirt for myself! Hmm...strange. Is this disinterest or what?
no, sometime you just need a break to recharge...I did the same thing last summer while working on two flower girls' dresses...I had four quilt block kits my sister had given me, so when I needed a 'quilting fix', I pulled out one of the kits and did a block (pieces were already pre-cut). The blocks are completed and ready for quilting...they made a nice little wall hanging...I'll post pics when done.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
I start working on a quilt and when I see how it's going to look I want to start a new challenge. I need to make the new challenge to finish what I have started!
THIS is me. To a T. I tend to look at the design, the assembly of as a challenge. And as soon as I can visualize, that yes, indeed, it will go together the way I think it will, I lose interest.

Crazy.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by DianD
Originally Posted by thismomquilts
Ok, here's my theory - when my oldest was younger and we were homeschooling she would flit from one creative thing to another - she would embellish things, etc. I was told it's a sign of a genius mind - yep, I'm going with that....
I must be a genius, too!
My sister bought me a mug that says, "If I was organized, I'd be Dangerous!" Problem is that if I ever got everything completely organized, I'd just forget where I put it all!
Oh, brother! If that doesn't sound like me, I don't know what does! I'm still trying to find reprints of wedding photos of my grandparents and great-grandparents (paternal) that I put away where I figured I'd remember them...Ha! Still haven't found'em!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:59 AM

Five going at once is good enough to be "normal"...whatever that is!!! :) Enjoy your day!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:16 PM

It is so nice to know that I am normal. I have many projects started at once, all in different stages, none finished. We are all multi-taskers. We also help the economy when we purchase quilting supplies. The world needs us and our ADD!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by HeatherQuilts
Originally Posted by pab58
My fiance is always teasing me that I have too many projects started. He can't understand why I don't work on just one project at a time! :roll:
Where would the fun be in that?? ONE project?? Pffft!! :lol:
AMEN
Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 PM

I had to make three blocks that required sky fabric for quilt group gals and couldn't find cloud fabric I liked and then finally found one I really did like that might go with the lighthouse fabrics and water fabric. Thought I had ordered it but found no bill and nothing on Pay Pal, got no package so ordered. I just got two packages of 2 yards each of cloud fabric!!!!!It doesn't go with my water fabric either.

Talk about head in the clouds. I love, love, love your story it is a wonderful example of true love, something we have all done at some level or another.

I have to tell the gals at my quilt group your story, they'll be tickled pink. Thanks for the giggle. Do you need some clouds?
Cindy