Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
does anyone have instructions on how to make? >

does anyone have instructions on how to make?

does anyone have instructions on how to make?

Old 11-16-2007, 03:02 AM

i'm not sure if i am understanding this right. you don't use a pillow for the quillow. unfolded it is a quilt. but when folded it is a pillow. for some reason i thought that it was a pillow and a quilt. i am confused. but excited to make one after the holidays.

jeanette

Old 04-21-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Carla P
the "Quillow"!!!

Here is a link with some options, but there are many more. Just Google Quillow pattern.

http://www.straw.com/quilting/articles/quillows.html
Thanks for the link, I bought one years ago and always wondered how to make it.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:09 PM

My mom and sister made lots of these and called them ,simply, "Pillow Quilts" thanks for the instructions....mom passed away and my sister lives about 3 states away in Colorado so hard to get info as she does not have email.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:44 PM

This is the one I was looking for, for you.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-43232-1.htm (Has lots of fact finding, information and references.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-4806-1.htm (This one is good.)
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-31445-3.htm (instructions on pg 2)
Happy sewing/Dorothy
Old 04-22-2010, 05:34 PM

I havent made on in years but now I think I just might make a few for christmas gifts. Hum i wonder if I could somehow put a zipper in the pocked? Jean
Old 04-25-2010, 07:58 AM

I started this thread and am having a problem. I am trying to sew the pocket onto the quilt but the bobbin thread keeps bunching up horribly. The qwillow is thick-cotton layer, flannel layer and low loft batting, so I used a 16 needle. The machine sews fine on test fabric. I keep checking. But when I try to sew on the pocket the thread bunches. Any suggestions. Please, I would like to get this poor project finished before I get any older!
Old 04-25-2010, 08:07 AM

you might try using a walking foot for that. How frustrating. Normally I would say theres a piece of thread stuck under the bobbin but if it sews out ok on regular fabric it must have something todo with the thickness of the fabric. Good Luck. Jeannie
Old 04-25-2010, 08:24 AM

Thank you Liz for taking the time to write down the pattern. I printed it. YOu were thoughtful.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by jean knapp
you might try using a walking foot for that. How frustrating. Normally I would say theres a piece of thread stuck under the bobbin but if it sews out ok on regular fabric it must have something todo with the thickness of the fabric. Good Luck. Jeannie
I can't get the walking foot attached. I broke the presser foot lifter today and have to manually lift the presser foot, so trying to attach the walking foot just didn't go well. I think now I remember why I hid the sewing machine away in my closet 20 years ago. LOL. But I do want to stick with quilting and sewing this time so am trying not to get too discouraged. I called Joann's today and the machine repairman will be back in the store in 2 weeks. Maybe I will let the project go til then. Sure hate to disappoint my little GD. :-(