Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
does anyone have instructions on how to make? >

does anyone have instructions on how to make?

does anyone have instructions on how to make?

Old 04-27-2007, 06:44 PM

i am looking for a pattern on this it is a quilt that folds up into a pillow i would appreciate any help that you can give me thanks dorothy from tenn
Old 04-27-2007, 06:51 PM

the "Quillow"!!!

Here is a link with some options, but there are many more. Just Google Quillow pattern.

http://www.straw.com/quilting/articles/quillows.html
Old 04-28-2007, 01:06 AM

McCalls also had the pattern you could buy. But once you see the pattern or read the pattern, you have the just of it, and you don't need the pattern.
Go to walmart, fabric section, Look in the pattern books under crafts, get the pattern #, pull the pattern out from the big drawer and read it. It's very easy and will save you a few dollars, to spend on fabric. Just a FYI.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:01 AM

Thanks for posting these instructions. I'm anxious to try my first one.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:11 AM

Hello! I have a sheet of instructions I picked free up in some fabric dept several years ago. I can have a copy made and snail mail it if you want. You may want to reply by PM so your address won"t be available to the general public. This is so easy to make. :D M
Old 04-28-2007, 01:41 PM

The very first quilt I did years and yars ago was a quillo. Made them for all the greandchildern and my parents. The kids like to their feet in the pocket when watching TV They are fun and very easty to make
Old 04-29-2007, 09:16 AM

If you are talking about a quillo, a quilt that folds into a pillow, then just do a search on a quillo. If you can't find it send me a pm and I will send the sites to you as I have several. I made my hubby his very first quilt, a quillo. He loved it and it was so easy. I am going to do several more as time permits. If you need help, I am here.

Rita
Old 07-21-2007, 06:24 PM

Hi there,

This is the first posting I have seen for a quillow. I just gave one to my great granddaughter as a birthday gift today. I got my instructions off the internet and had also seen one made on Fons and Porter. It was easy to make but when it came to folding it and putting into the pillow part I was so confused. Finally figured out that you have to reach inside the pocket, grab the two corners and turn it inside out over the two folds you have made in the length of the quillot. Then fold the rest two times and on the third fold just tuck into the pillow.

You can do it, it is not hard.

Jane Sisk
Old 07-26-2007, 06:51 AM

I made quillows out of fleece before and I just decided how large I wanted the blanket to be, then divided that by 3 for the finished size of the pocket.

I sewed the pocket on the top center of the blanket with the opening at the top, so when you fold the sides in, then fold towards the top, it is easy to flip the pocket inside out to become the pillow.

This was a huge hit with my kids, the nieces and nephews. etc. Especially useful for road trips!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:18 PM
liz

Fabric Pillow with Batting
1. Cut one 18" square each of fabric A and fabric B
2. Cut one 18" square of polyester batting
Fabric Quilt with Batting
1. Cut one 45" x 72" piece each of fabric A and B
2. Cut one 45" x 72" of polyester batting

General Instructions
1. Prepare Pillow Pocket
a. With right sides together pin fabric A and B pillow square together having raw edges even. Pin batting to wrong side of fabric B, having raw deges even

b. Stitch together, leaving an 8" opening in the center of one edge to turn; back stitch at opening to reinforce. Trim corners.

c. Turn pocket right side out; press lightly. Turn under 1/2" on opening edges; slip-stitch opening closed.

2. Prepare Quilt
a. With right sides together pin fabric A and B quilt sections together havingraw edges even.
b. Pin batting to wrong side of fabric B, having raw edges even.
c. Stitch together, leaving a 12" opening in one long edge to turn; back-stitch at opening to reinforce then trim corners.
d. Turn quilt right side out; press lightly. Turn under1/2" on opening edges; slip-stitch opening closed.

3. Attach Pocket to Quilt
a. Mark the center of one edge of pocket and one short end of quilt.
b. Place pocket on quilt matching center markings, having fabric B facing up for both quilt and pocker.
c. Machine stitch edges of pocket, leaving inner most edge open

4. Quilting
a. To make quilting lines, mark two straight lines on quilt starting from outer edges of pocket to opposite end of quilt. Use your favorite method to mark lines, such as pins, fabric marking pencils or chalk.
b. keeping all thicknesses of quilt smooth, machine or hand stitch along marked lines. If you prefer to quilt the pattern of the fabric instead of lines that works great also.

Basic Instructions For Folding Quilt Into Pocket

A. On a flat surface, place quilt with pocket side down. Fold quilt into thirds, overlapping long edges.

B. Turn pocket over end of quilt.

C. Fold remaining end of quilt into thirds and continue folding into pocket, forming pillow.

I hope this is the one you were wanting.
I really enjoy making these.