Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone have a machine like mine. if so can you help me >

Does anyone have a machine like mine. if so can you help me

Does anyone have a machine like mine. if so can you help me

Old 01-27-2010, 03:46 PM

I've gotten 100% cotton Guterman at Joanns. You have to look carefully at the labels. My Joanns will order stuff for you if they don't have it in stock.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:42 PM

Is the needle inserted correctly? and are you threading the needle on the correct side - I know that this can make a difference with the thread breaking - also is the thread feeding smoothly from the spool or is it catching on something. About the tenion - put a light color thread on the top and use a dark thread in the bobbin- that way when you stitch you can see what thread is looping. Make sure you don't have dust bunnies hanging out in the bobbin. Your thread should pull "firmly" from the bobbin. Hold it in your hand (thumb and index finger) and pull the thread with the other hand - it should be taunt when you pull the thread......good luck and keep us posted
Old 01-27-2010, 07:59 PM

I have a quilting model Pfaff also, but a different model number. Maybe they have some features in common.

When setting up for FMQ, the take-up lever needs to be set at the 'between level'.... by that I mean all the way up to lift the pressure foot, all the way down to lower the presser foot, and a mid-way setting for FMQ. This sets the quilting foot to just sit on top of the fabric, enough to glide over, but not put on any pressure. To set it to the midway level, I need to push the lever to the rear as I lower it.

I found that if I didn't have the take-up lever set to this midway point, the tension would go out and the thread would break. Maybe your quilting model has the same system?
Old 01-28-2010, 03:37 AM

Yes the needle is inserted correctly. And your right you have insert the thread into the needle on the right side correctly or it will break. I am going to try the other suggestions Thanks for everyone being so very helpful