Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone have/use the Quilter's Cruise Control?

I don't think I would worry about hypnotics as much aas it getting to you in one piece. jacque

I know it won't fit your machine but if anyone is interested I have a Quilter's Curise Control for sale. We purchased it for the Babylock Quilter's Pro machine. However after spending all that money we decided to purchase a 15" Bailey. We didn't know about the Bailey before we bought the Babylock. All of our other machines and serger were Babylock so we went that way before decovering how the Bailey was better for quilting, when you can't afford a long-arm. Babylock has a new long arm called the Jewel. With the Gracie delux frame and all the bells and whistles it around $11,000. We didn't pay that much for the gracie frame the Babylock Quilter's Pro and the Bailey combined. It's a beauty though.

Blog Entries
    congratulations, okie.

I suggest you post in the classified section that you have the QCC for sale.

has anyone used the cruise control for free motion without a frame?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidmona
    has anyone used the cruise control for free motion without a frame?
    From what I read, the cruise control is designed to work only with a frame. The sensor attaches to the frame and the electronics ties into the machine.

I know of the Pfaff Fabric Mover that does not require a frame.

would it work with a Juki TL98E.

sidmona, when you order it they ask you what machine you plan on using. I have mine on a Juki TL98QE. It works great.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidmona
    would it work with a Juki TL98E.
    The unit consists of two parts and must be configured for both: Frame and Machine.

BTW, mine is in Illinois at the moment. Why from LA to IL to CA I don't know. Me thinks the scheduler didn't pay attention in Geography. lol

Connie, I tried to quilt a quilt on the frame. I used a dummy quilt first to see how it would work. It really worked fine. I put my quilt on the frame and started to quilt. All went well and the the thread broke and ended up breaking 4 times. I noticed the thread was fraying. So I adjusted the tension and changed the needle. All went well foor a few minutes and I was elated until I heard a noise and so again I stopped. The back side of the quilt was a mess. I re threaded the machine and changed the needle usuing a jean needle since it is sharper. For a few minutes it worked fine. And then again the back was a mess. The thread did not break this time. So maybe I got the needle right. One thing different is I am usuing fleece on the back. I WONDER?

Grandmajc

I saw something on the web called Little Genie Bobbin Washer that is suppose to prevent the bird nest effect on the back of quilts. Don't know if it works as I just ordered them for myself.

Sidmona, you may get this reply twice. Where did you order the bobbins? I would like to try them.

Grandmajc

go to sewthankful.com and type in little genie. It should come up at the bobbin washers.

thank you. grandmajc

[quote] And then again the back was a mess. The thread did not break this time. So maybe I got the needle right. One thing different is I am usuing fleece on the back. I WONDER? [quote]

That is exactly what happened to us when we used a flannel back. We tried it twice. That was almost enough to keep me from ever trying to quilt. I haven't found out the why fors, I just don't use flannel as a backing. If you figure it out, let me know

okie, thank you for the information. My grandkids are going to do without fleece. This is the best news I have had all day. Grandmajc

GRAMDMAJC
    We may not have solved a problem but I always feel just a little bit better when I know someone has had the same problem, issue, challenge, etc as I have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2