Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone have/use the Quilter's Cruise Control?

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    congratulations, okie.

I suggest you post in the classified section that you have the QCC for sale.

has anyone used the cruise control for free motion without a frame?

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidmona
    has anyone used the cruise control for free motion without a frame?
    From what I read, the cruise control is designed to work only with a frame. The sensor attaches to the frame and the electronics ties into the machine.

I know of the Pfaff Fabric Mover that does not require a frame.

would it work with a Juki TL98E.

sidmona, when you order it they ask you what machine you plan on using. I have mine on a Juki TL98QE. It works great.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidmona
    would it work with a Juki TL98E.
    The unit consists of two parts and must be configured for both: Frame and Machine.

BTW, mine is in Illinois at the moment. Why from LA to IL to CA I don't know. Me thinks the scheduler didn't pay attention in Geography. lol

Connie, I tried to quilt a quilt on the frame. I used a dummy quilt first to see how it would work. It really worked fine. I put my quilt on the frame and started to quilt. All went well and the the thread broke and ended up breaking 4 times. I noticed the thread was fraying. So I adjusted the tension and changed the needle. All went well foor a few minutes and I was elated until I heard a noise and so again I stopped. The back side of the quilt was a mess. I re threaded the machine and changed the needle usuing a jean needle since it is sharper. For a few minutes it worked fine. And then again the back was a mess. The thread did not break this time. So maybe I got the needle right. One thing different is I am usuing fleece on the back. I WONDER?

Grandmajc

I saw something on the web called Little Genie Bobbin Washer that is suppose to prevent the bird nest effect on the back of quilts. Don't know if it works as I just ordered them for myself.

Sidmona, you may get this reply twice. Where did you order the bobbins? I would like to try them.

Grandmajc

go to sewthankful.com and type in little genie. It should come up at the bobbin washers.

thank you. grandmajc

[quote] And then again the back was a mess. The thread did not break this time. So maybe I got the needle right. One thing different is I am usuing fleece on the back. I WONDER? [quote]

That is exactly what happened to us when we used a flannel back. We tried it twice. That was almost enough to keep me from ever trying to quilt. I haven't found out the why fors, I just don't use flannel as a backing. If you figure it out, let me know

okie, thank you for the information. My grandkids are going to do without fleece. This is the best news I have had all day. Grandmajc

GRAMDMAJC
    We may not have solved a problem but I always feel just a little bit better when I know someone has had the same problem, issue, challenge, etc as I have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2