Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have/use the Quilter's Cruise Control?

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I am thinking abot getting the Quilter's Cruise Control to use on my Pfaff Grandquilter in conjunction with the Handi Quilter frame. The video makes it look like a breeze to learn, but before I spend $500, I thought I check with the QB. :D

I put it on my Juki and it is working great! Worth the money. Check Allbrands.com for pricing. I paid 399 for mine.
    Connie

I have one on my Pfaff Grand Quilter that I use on my frame. Didn't really think much about it one way or another until the day the wire came loose. My stitches were all wonky and it took me forever to figure out why! Now I check it to make sure all the wires are attached before I start. And, of course, I've never found a loose wire again. So I'd have to say I like the cruise control but I got it when I bought the machine so I've never quilted on the frame without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie1948
    I put it on my Juki and it is working great! Worth the money. Check Allbrands.com for pricing. I paid 399 for mine.
    Connie
    Just curious, is your Juki on a frame.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, that's good to know.

Unfortunately, $499 is the price at allbrands. :cry:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/9747.page
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/16197.page
    these two posts have pics of my set up with the Grace and Juki
    Connie

Looks like it has gone up in price like everything else.
    Connie

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the pics, Connie. (Love your sewing studio)
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-23-2018 at 03:26 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps

I have the Pfaff Cruise Control that I want to sell. I bought a Bernina 440 QE w/ BSR, so I no longer need the Pfaff Cruise Control. I'll send you a PM and maybe we can work out a deal.

Oops, I just realized that what you are talking about is simply the Cruise Contol to use with your Pfaff. What I have is the Pfaff Fabric Mover with Stitch Regulator by Cruise Control. I paid $1053 for it on 2/27/08, as per my invoice. I have it listed w/Craigs List at $550, which is about half my purchase price. It was used only twice. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the Cruise Control today. I figured I'd better move on it before the tax bill comes in. :wink: $499 and free shipping. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the compliment on my sewing space. DH bult it for me last summer. I just love being in it. It is my escape from the world. I sure hope you enjoy your cruise control. I love mine.
    Connie

Connie, the cruise control moves to fast,even when on lowest setting. It breaks the thread and the stitches are bad. the back is a mess. I have a mega quilter and really like it. In fact I have another mega quilter for regular sewing and quilting. I did e-mail viking ( the maker) and got no where. Help grandmajc

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GRANDMAJC
    Connie, the cruise control moves to fast,even when on lowest setting. It breaks the thread and the stitches are bad. the back is a mess. I have a mega quilter and really like it. In fact I have another mega quilter for regular sewing and quilting. I did e-mail viking ( the maker) and got no where. Help grandmajc
    Grandmajc, I am wondering about exactly what it is you have. Here is one, which is I think what the original poster was asking about:
    http://www.quilterscruisecontrol.com/ or
    http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp09265.html

and here is the other, which is the Fab-U-Motion:
    http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp15346-0763.html

It looks as if Fab-U-Motion is the one made by Viking which incorporates the Quilter's Cruise Control. I have seen several complaints about the Fab-U-Motion. Haven't seen complaints about the Quilter's Cruise Control on its own, though.

Connie, mine is the quilters cruise control. I see nothing about fab-u-motion.
    I am not sure what that is. I bought the frame, machine and cruise control at the same time. My quilt store says I have the right one. Which is really not telling me much. shouldn't they all work about the same? Can anybody tell me how to make the cruise work. grandmajc

I think I am talking to prism99. I think I still need to find out how it work. my reply ended up going to Connie. Sorry about that .

The fab-u-motion is not for the mega quilter. It will not work.

Blog Entries
    Grandmajc,

Wow! Sounds like your dealer is not very good! I don't know much about all of this stuff, but I did find this FAQ online about the Megaquilter and the Quilter's Cruise Control. Maybe there's some information in there that will help. Do you have the Inspira frame?

Here is the FAQ:
    http://tinyurl.com/dmsvmt

You might want to join the homequiltingsystems group at http://groups.yahoo.com and ask there about the problem you are having with your setup. (Be sure to do a search first to see if this has come up before on the list. They want people to do that and to check their "files" section on the website before posting.) Chances are someone there can help you.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GRANDMAJC
    Connie, mine is the quilters cruise control. I see nothing about fab-u-motion.
    I am not sure what that is. I bought the frame, machine and cruise control at the same time. My quilt store says I have the right one. Which is really not telling me much. shouldn't they all work about the same? Can anybody tell me how to make the cruise work. grandmajc
    I'm waiting for mine to be sent. As soon as I figure it out, I'll post and maybe we can figure out what ails your system.

prism99, I do have the inspira frame. I have had little problems with the frame or the mega quilter as long as i don't use the cruise control. the mega quilter is pretty straight forward. thanks for the online contact. I bought my quilter and frame at Joannes fabric. Not a good move. They no nothing about the machines. It is a viking store inside joannes. I now get most of my supplies at Quilt Junction in DesMoines. They carry the mega quilter. Grandmajc

thanks, I will appreciate the help.

I have the Cruise Control hooked up to my Juki TL-98 QE. Not sure what the "extra" thing with Viking is. The only time I had a mess on the back was when I forgot to lower the presser foot. Mine only runs as fast as I want it too. I move the machine at my own comfort level and control the speed of the machine with my hand held button. By placing calls to Cruise Control and Viking you should be able to solve your problems. Be sure the rollers have not jumped of the rack! That is when I would get very long stitches. Never heard of the Mega Quilter.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I Just got notification the the unit has been shipped. Wonder if I can hypnotically affect the UPS delivery schedule. :D

....and I have been getting a lot of fun comments at work: HUH? Your car doesn't have a cruise control?????? lol
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-23-2018 at 03:27 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps

I don't think I would worry about hypnotics as much aas it getting to you in one piece. jacque

I know it won't fit your machine but if anyone is interested I have a Quilter's Curise Control for sale. We purchased it for the Babylock Quilter's Pro machine. However after spending all that money we decided to purchase a 15" Bailey. We didn't know about the Bailey before we bought the Babylock. All of our other machines and serger were Babylock so we went that way before decovering how the Bailey was better for quilting, when you can't afford a long-arm. Babylock has a new long arm called the Jewel. With the Gracie delux frame and all the bells and whistles it around $11,000. We didn't pay that much for the gracie frame the Babylock Quilter's Pro and the Bailey combined. It's a beauty though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast