Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone know >

Does anyone know

Does anyone know

Old 11-22-2013, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by yonnikka View Post
Just ask, I'll send you some, probably a dozen other QB members would also.
This is the quilt I'm wanting to make. Saw it in the Scrappy Quilt show here on this board. Dunster didn't have a name for it. Whoops guess that didn't work.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by true4uca View Post
Just bought new machine (Juki 600) I want to try out. Of course I had to choose a scrappy quilt patern. Here I am in our RV (snowbirding) in Yuma fr the winter and of course no scraps, Bought several FQ & sevral whites. Six blocks later and they are beginnng o all look the same. Does anyone know how little fabric Walmart will cut ( how many inches by wof ). Just looked on Ebay they want 10.50 for 100 2.5 inch squares.
As far as I know, they'll cut small pieces as long as your cutter knows what you are asking for. If you can even find anyone willing to cut fabric for you. A problem in our area.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I was told at our local walmart, the ones cutting fabrics get less pay. Here the electronic employees cut fabric and make a more generous cut.
I think the managers didn't want the fabrics back and can then tell headquarters they aren't selling much. Hoping it will be taken out. Wish I knew how to contact them and tell them why it isn't selling very well. There was a week ago a couple of workers and about three customers picking out fabrics. I turned around and the workers were gone.
They are again down sizing fabric dept. Best thing is to keep standing there and try to catch a worker to call for help.
I left 4 bolts on the table since they could not find ANYONE in the store willing to cut. I don't know how the two cusomers behind me fared. I left after 4 requests (over the whole store loudspeaker) to find someone. Not the first time by any means
Old 11-22-2013, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by true4uca View Post
Thanks, this is helpful. Now if I can just find an employee there to actually cut fabric for me. Last time I was there 3 customers were waiting (one said 15 min.) for someone to cut fabric.
30 minutes and 4 requests and NO ONE..My choices are still there.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by SherriB View Post
Our Walmart will cut as much or as little as you need. Hancock Fabrics does the same. The only place I have ever had to buy a minimum is Hobby Lobby. The store here requires you to buy at least an eighth of a yard.
May I ask why you'd ask anyone to cut less than 1/8 of a yard? Most places you need that much to square up a piece.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I run into that down here trying to find someone to cut fabric for me. I don't have enough patience so I go to the next employee or even the store manager. I told a manager once. I'll cut the fabric if you want to run the little pricing machine. Next thing I knew there were 3 employees. Ready to cut. I gave them dirty looks and then asked why they didn't want to cut when I asked for help earlier. Then the manager gave them dirty looks. Because of the wait we all got discounts.
About a year ago, I begged and I waited and I begged and I hunted for employees and I waited. So I cut 2 yards and took the bolt and the piece I cut up to teh register. Wanna talk about getting employees excited. 30 minutes later I got to check out. WTG, Wally World!
Old 11-22-2013, 09:52 PM

I bet that made them scramble lol

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
About a year ago, I begged and I waited and I begged and I hunted for employees and I waited. So I cut 2 yards and took the bolt and the piece I cut up to teh register. Wanna talk about getting employees excited. 30 minutes later I got to check out. WTG, Wally World!
Old 11-23-2013, 03:50 AM

If you get your phone and dial 1-800-WAL-MART, you will get headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas. Tell them of your experiences and give them the store number and/or location and they will take it from there. That's how we got fabrics back in our Walmart store. There were enough of us who complained about their being taken out in the first place. I'm sorry you had such poor experiences. The folks at our Walmart are usually very nice and helpful.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:27 AM

they told me once that they would cut 1" if that's what I wanted……….
Old 11-23-2013, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I was told at our local walmart, the ones cutting fabrics get less pay. Here the electronic employees cut fabric and make a more generous cut.
I think the managers didn't want the fabrics back and can then tell headquarters they aren't selling much. Hoping it will be taken out. Wish I knew how to contact them and tell them why it isn't selling very well. There was a week ago a couple of workers and about three customers picking out fabrics. I turned around and the workers were gone.
They are again down sizing fabric dept. Best thing is to keep standing there and try to catch a worker to call for help.
I used to work at local WM just S of Ft. Worth and that is not true, someone told you that as an excuse for lazy help. I was a stocker in domestics but also filled in when craft people took lunch and breaks and cut fabric. Do not be afraid to go up front or to any employee and ask for help cutting, and if none arrives in a few minutes ask someone else or go to nearest dept. (here it is paint and sporting goods with counter and phone) and tell them you want to speak to a manager. Ours are good here and have several full time people in material and crafts.