Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone know >

Does anyone know

Does anyone know

Old 11-23-2013, 07:52 AM

Pick up the phone and dial 0, then ask for assistance at the cutting table. It rings in to the fitting room (they answer the incoming calls) and they can page someone to come and help you. How do I know? I used to work at the fitting room before I retired.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I was told at our local walmart, the ones cutting fabrics get less pay. Here the electronic employees cut fabric and make a more generous cut.
I think the managers didn't want the fabrics back and can then tell headquarters they aren't selling much. Hoping it will be taken out. Wish I knew how to contact them and tell them why it isn't selling very well. There was a week ago a couple of workers and about three customers picking out fabrics. I turned around and the workers were gone.
They are again down sizing fabric dept. Best thing is to keep standing there and try to catch a worker to call for help.
Dial 1 800 Walmart and follow the prompts to leave a customer comment. I have been told many times by Walmart employees that the company is interested in customer comments,( just not employee suggestions,) so use your voice.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I was told at our local walmart, the ones cutting fabrics get less pay. Here the electronic employees cut fabric and make a more generous cut.
I think the managers didn't want the fabrics back and can then tell headquarters they aren't selling much. Hoping it will be taken out. Wish I knew how to contact them and tell them why it isn't selling very well. There was a week ago a couple of workers and about three customers picking out fabrics. I turned around and the workers were gone.
They are again down sizing fabric dept. Best thing is to keep standing there and try to catch a worker to call for help.
I ran into that situation, again, yesterday. I had my fabric laying on the counter. Walked down the center aisle to see if there was a worker in the vacinity. None to be found. Finally one came my way and I asked for fabric to be cut. She kept on walking and said she would call for help. After waiting almost 15 minutes, (I browsed the area while watching the counter) she came back from the direction whe went, and I asked if she had called for someone to help me. She said she would call again. Fortunately there was a worker walking shortly behind her heard me and came to the counter and told me she never heard her call for someone to come to the fabric counter. She appologized several times while cutting my fabric. I think Walmart has really reduced their staff all over the store, because you always have to go find someone to help you.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kath12 View Post
Pick up the phone and dial 0, then ask for assistance at the cutting table. It rings in to the fitting room (they answer the incoming calls) and they can page someone to come and help you. How do I know? I used to work at the fitting room before I retired.
The other day a cutter was paged 4------four-------------times over the entire store. Still I waited-----------until I walked ou
Old 11-23-2013, 10:34 AM

Default walmart

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I run into that down here trying to find someone to cut fabric for me. I don't have enough patience so I go to the next employee or even the store manager. I told a manager once. I'll cut the fabric if you want to run the little pricing machine. Next thing I knew there were 3 employees. Ready to cut. I gave them dirty looks and then asked why they didn't want to cut when I asked for help earlier. Then the manager gave them dirty looks. Because of the wait we all got discounts.
I truly dislike Walmart. When mine had a fabric dept I often went to the Photo Dept beside it and asked them to page someone.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by rebeljane View Post
I bet that made them scramble lol
LOL, they went insane. Still took a long time to get it priced. Just a bad situation, any way you cut it.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
I used to work at local WM just S of Ft. Worth and that is not true, someone told you that as an excuse for lazy help. I was a stocker in domestics but also filled in when craft people took lunch and breaks and cut fabric. Do not be afraid to go up front or to any employee and ask for help cutting, and if none arrives in a few minutes ask someone else or go to nearest dept. (here it is paint and sporting goods with counter and phone) and tell them you want to speak to a manager. Ours are good here and have several full time people in material and crafts.
Speaking to the manger will not help
Old 11-23-2013, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by youngduncan View Post
If you get your phone and dial 1-800-WAL-MART, you will get headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas. Tell them of your experiences and give them the store number and/or location and they will take it from there. That's how we got fabrics back in our Walmart store. There were enough of us who complained about their being taken out in the first place. I'm sorry you had such poor experiences. The folks at our Walmart are usually very nice and helpful.
Thank you, thank you!
Old 11-23-2013, 02:25 PM

We have a new super center in Newport, AR that has a great fabric department. I've been there twice and both times there was en employee right there to cut my fabric. Oh, and because it's 20 miles one way and 30 miles another I don't go to WalMart often like I did when I lived in the city. But when I go I seldom get out for less than $100. I am so thankful for WM fabric.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:49 PM

I will be happy to send you some 2.5" squares if you will pm me your address.