Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
does anyone own this machine? >

does anyone own this machine?

does anyone own this machine?

Old 06-25-2011, 04:30 AM

not sure the price range you're looking at but Babylock makes great machines in a wide range of prices. Janome also has some great machines on the lower price range as well. I bought one for classes (for weight reasons) and only paid $150 for it....it's a little workhorse for a mechanical machine. I've had it for 3 years now and it's runs like a dream.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:53 AM

I agree - I clean (delint) with every bobbin change and oil (1 drop) every other bobbin change. Saves the machine. I will never need another. Of course I have 8 (LOL) :D
Old 06-25-2011, 04:57 AM
Power Poster

Yes, I have this one and LOVE it!! I bought it for a back up machine several years ago and use her all the time.

She sews well with ANY type of thread from metallic to embroidery to cotton, never a problem at all!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-216292.jpe  
Old 06-25-2011, 04:59 AM

I have that same machine and love it!! It is made by Janome and is a real workhorse. I haven't had a speck of trouble with mine. Think you will enjoy this machine!
sass
Old 06-25-2011, 05:06 AM

That looks like the machine I have. It is made by Janome, I started sewing in November and it's the first machine I have bought. I purchased it because it was on sale for $99 and I love it!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:22 AM

I have had 3 Kenmore machines and recently upgraded to the Janome 6600p. My last Kenmore-which has a Janome foot pedal is about 15 years old. I have never had a problem with it. I still use it and it is a computerized machine. I have found it very rare to hear of anyone complaining about these machines.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:35 AM

I also have the 19233; it is a great machine. Not finicky about using different types of threads; easy to maintain; just keep the bobbin are cleaned of lint. Plenty of additional attachments available. Has needle up/down button which I love. I have tried several of the decorative stitches; they work great. I got mine from sears so it was easy to get the extended warranty. Mine's been going for over a year now nonstop and I've had no problems with it. I has my reconsidering my old wants of owning a nice Viking embroidery machine to getting one from Janome since this kenmore/janome works so great. You should go to sears and check it out. I would definitely buy this one again.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:05 AM

So sorry Crafty Lady has had so much problem with her Brother machines Cause I have 2 brothers actually three but one is real live person But I love mine and viking person just wants to make a sell Mine have metal parts and just the outer looks are plastic I do love all that I can do on my more much more expensive one its just that the repair of the mother board is so so expensive But don't get discouraged about a brother she just happened to get the lemon model I suppose and I do feel bad for her Yes take your machine back He will make it right for you if he is a good business man I believe he wants the word of mouth to be good for his business as well Good Luck
Old 06-25-2011, 07:08 AM

I don't have that one; but think very highly of Kenmore machines. I have my older one that I will not part with and it has never been in need of any repair. My friend also won't part with her Kenmore that she bought just last year even though she has 3 others lol.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:13 AM
Power Poster

vintage for me - Singer 403 for me - sold the Janome - the slant needle is so much easier to see what I am doing. It does the same stitches and no plastic - no electronics - I can repair it myself if something goes wrong