Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone recognize this Block - With Pic This time >

Does anyone recognize this Block - With Pic This time

Does anyone recognize this Block - With Pic This time

Old 09-05-2022, 07:40 AM

I replied a couple of days ago, but I must not have hit final submit because it isn't here. Sorry.

Yes, there are pieces already cut to make an additional 10 blocks. Which would end up with 11 blocks going in one direction and 9 blocks going in the other direction total.

I think that is what she did (cut the pieces out on layered fabrics) because a red in one block is a different piece in another block. They are all different.

I tried sewing some of it this weekend. Found out it isn't an easy one to sew. Takes a minute to figure out the placement of two pieces so they end up correctly lined up. After a long time struggling, I decided to sew the first 2 pieces of each block while I had the placement in my mind. Was much easier that way. Towards the end, I did get bored and thought.. well I can try to put on block together so I started that one. Then got to the last few pieces and one was going to take some thought and time and I ran out of time. So I do not even have 1 block put together yet. I figure this one will take awhile to get put together, so I figure I just stick with original plan and do a little bit here and there as I get time.

I thought, ahh Crazy Quilt.. ok I get it... I must be CRAZY to be attempting this for a beginner quilt!

Wow, the is cool you can do placement of blocks. Thank you very much! What software do you use to do that?

Thank you all for your help! I appreciate it!

Linda
Old 09-05-2022, 09:11 AM

I did it in Paint. I'm sure there are other programs that can do it. Sometimes I have better luck than others and one needs to have a big enough space to work on the screen.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 09-05-2022, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I'd agree that it's a crazy quilt block. Many of these don't actually have patterns, you just get to sewing until it's the correct size.
That's what it looks like to me. I love crazy quilt blocks!