Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your DH help you in your sewing room?

No husband anymore (lol, refraining from comment on that) but my boyfriend, no way. Everytime he wanders in the sewing room I swear he chooses the most inopportune time to interupt me with something stupid. He's kind of a clumsy guy, when we were doing some tiling (which neither of us had never done) he was making such a mess I banned him from the project & finished it myself. It came out great, I didn't want to treat him like a child but we'd still be cleaning the mess off the floor if he'd done it all, lol...

My sewing room is my escape from my husband and he knows it too.Great guy and love him but too much talking about politics and daily news.Thinks my room is too messy,have too much fabric,do I really need 3 machines?Spring hurry up and save me so he can be outside.My 2 big dogs are allowed in my room.....

Mine will help me move things around and will give advice when I ask him for his opinion.

It is nice to have a quilting assistant!

My DH spends a lot of time in the sewing room with me. He insisted there be a chair there for him, and no material stacked on it. We visit while I sew and he pores thru the quilt books.

My DH selddom comes into my sewing room, I sew during the day while he is at work. DH holds my finished quilts up when I need to take a picture. LOL But he's a great maechanic and keeps my Envoy clean, changes the oil, and buys new tires. :D

You have a wonderful husband! Mine peaks in, says hi, plays with the dog and then off he goes. He did help me stretch, hold a quilt one time when I was pinning.

The only time my DH comes into the sewing room is to tell me that he is home from work and ask what's for dinner?
    It must be nice to work alongside your partner like that. We do home improvements together, I use my quilting rulers for measuring wallpaper, wood and stuff. We ususally have a good time with that, but he steers clear of what he considers "the womanly arts"

My DH has absolutely no interest in what I'm doing in the sewing room.

My husband has helped me a few times by laying out the blocks in order for me and stacking them up by rows. I am trying to get him to learn how to sew but he doesn't want to learn.

My hubby if asked will help,give suggestions,opinions, and always helps with little fix up ideas.He holds quilts for pictures,makes adjustments to machines if needed, and fixes things if needed, and is always willing to make a new shelf or whatever. I usually sew during the day while the guys are all gone, but they usually do not touch a sewing machine unless boredom has set in and then it must be extreme boredom. When I was setting up my Sewing Studio he was there helping fold fabric and organize too.

He helps me in building stuff for me, restoring vintage sewing machines, co-designing templates, marking the quilt, moving stuff, some times strip paper piecing on adding machine paper and keeping me company.

The strip piecing he does on a vintage Singer 301

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56940-1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by supergma
    My DH spends a lot of time in the sewing room with me. He insisted there be a chair there for him, and no material stacked on it. We visit while I sew and he pores thru the quilt books.
    Sweet! My DH is just starting to hang in my room mostly before he heads off to bed. He'll check what I am working on, eats mixed nuts and drinks his dark beer. Kind of cozy.

My husband is VERY supportive of my time spent sewing. He grew up with a mother who continually sewed, canned, baked, etc. He generally helps me cut pieces for making quilts. I sit and sew, he stands and cuts at the cutting table. Works out really well........can't get any better than that.

Mine helps a lot with lots of things, but he doesn't do anything to help with my sewing and I'm just as glad. Would be nice tho' to spend that time together!

Blog Entries
    If you consider him coming into the sewing room to eat my candy, then yes he "helps". He even complains that I don't have the kind of candy he likes. :shock:

At the same time, he does come in and sit for a bit once in a while. The PC is in there, so there are 2 chairs. And he's very good about doing any of the heavy stuff.

Definitely not. He doesn't understand what I am doing nor does he have any desire to learn. Also, with his 'shakes', I wouldn't want him near my quilting or sewing. (He was born with Cerebral Palsy and has uncontrollable shakes). Jeanniebelle

That is really so touching! How nice for you to be together and enjoying each other's company. My husband likes to see what I'm up to also, and is suggesting that perhaps he can learn to do a few things. I better give him lessons.

Blog Entries
    My hubby will help move furniture, but we have a deal. I don't tell him how to organize his room and he doesn't tell me how to organize mine. Besides, this is my hobby, and his is sking in the winter and golfing in the summer...and it works for us!!!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

My DH is a fixer, if something is broken he fixes it!!

Blog Entries
    My DH is always helping me. I have RA and he is there to do anything I need. He is always interested in my quilts and fabric and even buys some for me and looks for quilt shops when we are traveling. He has made 1 baby quilt(without any help) and has bought fabric for another. I am indeed a lucky girl.

Blog Entries
    Mine will hwlp mw if I need a table or tub moved or a box out of the closet and he even made me a light box the other day but he does not help me sew. However, he does straighten out my embroidery floss because when I am doing a hand work I just throw it all togehter after I use it and it often gets knotted together. If he did not do this I would just throw it away.

DH ran the vacuum in there for me the other day and made a point of letting me know that he did LOL

Quote Originally Posted by annyroony2
    My DH is a fixer, if something is broken he fixes it!!
    I try to do all my regular maintenance items, but sometimes I need help. I really appreciate my DH's help! He also has helped put in a design wall, elevated cutting table, sound system, heat, and whatever I ask for. He is the picture taker usually. I think he is that supportive of me because I have always supported him in his projects!

You are a very lucky woman to have such a devoted DH. Jeanniebelle

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast