Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does your Janome 6600 have a "catch" in it? >

Does your Janome 6600 have a "catch" in it?

Does your Janome 6600 have a "catch" in it?

Old 04-12-2011, 01:03 AM

Is your Accufeed foot all the way uo and in position at the back of your needle shank. If it isn't all the way in place, it will make your pressure foot "cick/clank" when raising it up or down.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:20 AM

Yes. The accufeed foot is all the way up and clicked into place. I did take it to the dealer when this first started happening and she took the end plate off and heard and felt what I was talking about. She called the company and spoke to one of their repair persons and her telling me not to worry about it was directed by him. She DID seem concerned a little until he told her to pass on the message to stop worrying about it. If the guy on the phone didn't see or feel it, I don't think he has the right to say "don't worry". Just my opinion. I guess I'm the one who laid down the cash to buy it so it's a little more precious to me. Thanks for your helpful ideas.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:11 AM

Update! Thought I should update this posting so you all know it was "user error"....well, not error, as much as misunderstanding the precipitating factors of the "catch". I discovered it clicks like that when I've reduced my presser foot pressure to 0, which I was doing when sewing on those thick bindings. I put the pressure back to it's usual position and it doesn't click anymore. When the pressure is so low, there must be a looser part inside that will move around freely, thus clicking would occur sporatically. Thanks for all of your help everyone!