Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Doing a Niemeyer quilt pattern-first time >
  • Doing a Niemeyer quilt pattern-first time

• Doing a Niemeyer quilt pattern-first time

Old 07-19-2011, 02:36 PM

I needed a good pic of the quilt anyway for my album so I went outside and took some more. Now you can see some of the detail of the quilt.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-228989.jpe   attachment-228990.jpe   attachment-228991.jpe   attachment-228993.jpe  
    Old 07-19-2011, 04:49 PM

Oh, so very beautiful, Rosy. I salute you!
    Old 07-19-2011, 04:55 PM

I'm working on her Japanese Fan and have been for a while. Can;t wait to finish and post it !!
    Old 07-19-2011, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Elise1
    I have never tried paper piecing but really admire Niemeyer quilts.

Just yesterday I bought Judy's Wild Goose Chase pattern.
    http://www.quiltworx.com/samples/Wild%20Goose%20Chase

On her website, she says this pattern is for beginners, but I am intimidated just by the length of the instructions. Yikes!

I am looking forward to the challenge. Let us know how your class goes. I will start mine by the end of the week.

Elise

:-D :-D :-D :-D I just ordered the Glacier Star pattern today from that site and I hope I did ok as there was no price on it at all. It couldn't cost more than $12.00 for the pattern, but then I got an email and it says they charge when it is shipped. I never had this happen to me before and I don't know what it is going ot cost for the pattern and plus the shipping. We'll see as they also say they will give the tracking # too. I wish they gave the prices, but I guess on that site they don't. any one else have this happen?? Have a great day, Huggies, Fay
    Old 07-19-2011, 10:58 PM

Fay I have that happen to me all the time on lots of patterns I buy from other companies, because I live in Spain, however see you are in Washington so she just must have her site set up to do it that way.

Just gone back to look and it says at the top of the page that this pattern is only available through Certified Shops thats why there is no price, all the others have prices on and YES they cost more that 13$ go look at the others they are from around 25$ upwards

Elle
    Old 07-19-2011, 11:11 PM

Oh dear, I have just googled Glacier star in her Certified Shops and the pattern is selling in some of the shops for
    60$. Please check it out yourself
    Old 07-20-2011, 07:45 AM

Dang $60.00 wow! there goes the last of my money. I'm hoping I can cancel that order as I was so sure it wouldn't cost more than $12.00 or so. Maybe it comes wiht the foundation paper. I still don't know if they are going to cut SS and medicare and if they do I'm in trouble big time. I depend on that as that is all I have to live on. I'm going to see if I can cancel that order until I know for sure what is going ot happen as far as SS is concerned. Thanks for the information. Huggies, Fay
    Old 07-20-2011, 07:51 AM

Just googled it and it does come with enough foudation paper and such for the quilt. I still think I'm going ot try to cancel the order until next papyday, provided there is a next payday. Huggies, Fay
    Old 07-20-2011, 07:52 AM

I jsut finished a class with Judy herself in May at the LQS. She is a great teacher with lots of tips and techniques. She is a big fan of chain piecing and do all of the same pieces at the same time. I would love to take another class from her or one of her certified instructors.

The only pattern she does not teach currently according to her and her website is the new Glacier Star, which is the next one I would like to try. That was an agreement she made with the certified instructors.

I agree the patterns are pricey, but she does include all the preprinted foundation pieces for the size of the quilt listed on the box.
    Old 07-20-2011, 08:18 AM

I sure hope the shipping isn't that much tho. It is good that the foudation paper and such are included. Can you imagine me trying to print out the foudations???? I checked the Wa store and thier shipping for flat rate envelopes are $4.95, but with the foudatiuon paper and such I'm sure it will come in a box of some sort. Like I say, this is the last of my money so let us hope it all goes well. I couldn't find where I can cancel the order, but I should be fine ,,I hope,,,,Vonage needs to clear from the bank yet and that went up this month. and I figured for $30.00 for that. Grrrr.... Well the quilt will be interesting to make. I wish her site would have given the prices,,,,I would have postponed the order until I know if they will cut SS or not. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay