Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Doing a Niemeyer quilt pattern-first time >
  • Doing a Niemeyer quilt pattern-first time

• Doing a Niemeyer quilt pattern-first time

Old 07-20-2011, 08:50 AM

Oh Fay, what a shame, I do understand though I have had similar predicaments myself. She does provide all the papers for the foundation of the whole quilt, you will have sufficient, unless you make a mistake, so my tip is to do just one extra of the pattern, just in case. It comes not in a box but a flat rate envelope.

Elle
    Old 07-20-2011, 08:53 AM

Caspharm, if you go to her website, and click on the pattern for Glazier Star, you can then find a list of Certified instructor who are doing this wonderful pattern. You may find one near you.

How I wish I lived in America sometimes, you have such wonderful classes I would love to attend one of those.
    Old 07-20-2011, 08:57 AM

I have taken 2 of her classes and I really love her patterns. You will be amazed. Enjoy.
    Old 07-20-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Oh Fay, what a shame, I do understand though I have had similar predicaments myself. She does provide all the papers for the foundation of the whole quilt, you will have sufficient, unless you make a mistake, so my tip is to do just one extra of the pattern, just in case. It comes not in a box but a flat rate envelope.

Elle

:-D :-D :-D Thanks for that information. I will certainly make a few copies of each foudation peice because I do make mistakes and I want this one to be perfect. I think one of the hardest parts it to decide on the colors I want to use. Every one enjoy the rest of your day, Huggies, Fay
    Old 07-20-2011, 01:41 PM

Yes, I know. Thanks. There were actually two women in my class who were working towards their certifications.
    Old 07-20-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbinchick
    Originally Posted by Elise1
    I have never tried paper piecing but really admire Niemeyer quilts.

Just yesterday I bought Judy's Wild Goose Chase pattern.
    http://www.quiltworx.com/samples/Wild%20Goose%20Chase

On her website, she says this pattern is for beginners, but I am intimidated just by the length of the instructions. Yikes!

I am looking forward to the challenge. Let us know how your class goes. I will start mine by the end of the week.

Elise

:-D :-D :-D :-D I just ordered the Glacier Star pattern today from that site and I hope I did ok as there was no price on it at all. It couldn't cost more than $12.00 for the pattern, but then I got an email and it says they charge when it is shipped. I never had this happen to me before and I don't know what it is going ot cost for the pattern and plus the shipping. We'll see as they also say they will give the tracking # too. I wish they gave the prices, but I guess on that site they don't. any one else have this happen?? Have a great day, Huggies, Fay
    You are in for a surprise! Glacier Star is her most recent pattern, and when it came out last year it was $60!!! Don't know if it's gone down in price yet....
    Old 07-20-2011, 03:12 PM

Had to google the name but I love her Amazon star. I love to paper piece so maybe some were down the road I might try her work.
    Old 07-20-2011, 03:41 PM

Be sure to check the pattern corrections on Niemeyer's website. I found a correction for my pattern and noticed several corrections for the Glacier Star also.

http://www.quiltworx.com/corrections/

Fay, I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope it all works out in the end. Hugs.

Elise
    Old 07-20-2011, 04:20 PM

I just got an email and they said they cancelled my order as the pattern is availble fomr thier certified shops. So I'll wait to see if I have a payday in a couple of weeks and if I do then I'll order it again. Things are going to be fine so it's a wait and see. Going to save that email, but I did not have to do any thing about cancelling it. I'm glad they did cancel it. Sooooo if I still have SS check comming on the 3rd, then I'll order it and look forward to making this quilt. It's a beautiful one. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay
    Old 07-20-2011, 10:55 PM

Fay, so glad you got that sorted out. Her patterns are expensive but its all the paper patterns you get, it really is well done. When you get it, like another member said, be sure to check out the Corrections to the pattern on her site. As its a new one, they appear as it gets made.

I have just found another pattern I bought (must have been rich that month) and its really pretty, but for now I am working on the Affairs of the Heart Cyber Sew on this board, it is all applique but I am so enjoying it Check it out on Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery, there are some photos on there of the ones that are half way there

Elle