Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Don't ask for Dad's help to pack fabric! >

Don't ask for Dad's help to pack fabric!

Don't ask for Dad's help to pack fabric!

Old 04-22-2011, 10:43 AM

This is the best "quilt" story I have heard in a long time.
NOT a time to complain but enjoy!! It is one of those stories that can be told to family members for generations to come. ENJOY
Old 04-22-2011, 11:31 AM

that is just to funny
Old 04-22-2011, 12:42 PM

I move from north to south every year, and after the first time,,,,,,,,,,,I do all the packing. LOL
Old 04-22-2011, 12:59 PM

I love that show, I wish I had the nerve to buy like they do. I'm referring to the show where the guys buy the storage units.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:29 PM

Be sure to let us know what you find in the other 4 boxes!
Did the garlic salt do a job on the fabric? I've heard you can use salt for special effects when you dye fabric - I hope your dad didn't get his own special effects ~ ~ ~
Old 04-22-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by stichinluvr
That's how the gov't packs to move military and others. They don't even put the crock pot and the lid in the same box. It's pretty hilarious listening to my kids tell where they find different items. They have learned to clean out all boxes asap.
Our last move was an adventure in unpacking. The guys who packed our things were very poor spellers and most of the boxes
were marked, "Misc". It took us forever to find the lid to the crock pot, they'd put in box marked "grils room". lol Dh is now retired from USMC, its kinda odd to still be in the same house 16 years later.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Your dad sounds like he packs like my husband does. With no rhyme or reason!!!
ROFLMBO!!! At least your dad put several items in a box. Anything my husband packs is packed so poorly I can repack it and get three times more stuff in it. Needless to say I try to do most of the packing. :roll:
Old 04-22-2011, 02:33 PM

I have a sister who packs like that. While my daughter was on bed rest her aunt packed for her - no labels on boxes, nothing packed by room just done willy-nilly. Daughter said it was an adventure unpacking.
Same sister did my mom's filing system - no rhyme or reason. I've worked in offices and done huge and complicated systems so I redid mom's recently.
Dad's you gotta love them. Mine had a weird sense of humor. I still want to call him when something happens that he would enjoy. He's been gone for 15 years now.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
LOL That puts a whole new meaning to "if it fits it ships"!
Hysterical...also applying this to the garbage can someone mentioned was packed with garbage in it too.

When my husband got a new job about 10 years ago, the company paid to move us...as we had never had such a service before I had no idea what to watch out for. Since we lived in temporary housing for over a year with everything is storage, it would have been too late for any claims by then; I think many moving company people know this. I never found my grandma's box of silverware (real antique silver). But among other things we had many dishpacks (you know about 24" square x 30-36" high)...with a layer of short items (about 3" high) then just filled with wads of paper. They were truly "padding" the bill; lucky for us the company paid it. Once we bought a house, it still took over 6 months to unpack as I tried to put everything in it's place as I unpacked. When it was over, I never found half the parts to my food processor (including the lid to make it work), & blender. What possesses people who are packers from separating things that were together on the counter. I had always hoped the parts would eventually pop up; never did. My brother was a mover for a few years & never did such things...so there good guys out there as well; you just never know.
Looooong story...but I'd rather have my relatives help me pack no matter how odd the arrangements...at least you know you still got it all.
Great job dad...good attitude daughter!
Old 04-22-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Garlic with no lid? Oh my ... does the fabric now reek of garlic?

What an odd assortment of objects to find together in the same box. Couldn't help but think about the TV show I watched last night about the guys that buy storage lockers and have no clue what could be lurking in the boxes!
Not really, but I did start craving spaghetti.
What a great post Tonnie Loree!! I am roflol!! Craving spaghetti -- sounds like something I would say!! You must be a nut case, too!! Love ya!