Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
dont you wish.... >

dont you wish....

dont you wish....

Old 08-23-2011, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by hlponyfarm
Quilting shows would show them doing and fixing an unperfect piece?
they always start out by saying "lets see how it came out" "Ahh its just perfect!" LOL
I wanna see that block come out like it comes out for me then explain why it turned out that way and how to fix it!
I'm good at that. When you come to Mena, stop by and we'll make a day of it.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:37 AM

That's why I like watching The Quilt Show - because when they goof it up occasionally(even if it is staged),it helps to relax everyone. I also like the way Ricky Tims says to get a piece of material "about this big"...and it doesn't matter what size it is.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:03 AM

I don't care about others mistakes. I want to see what it looks like when it's perfect. We all know that nobody is perfect, and I see enough mistakes right in front of my eyes in my own home. It's no lesson to watch someone make mistakes and then say don't let this happen to you.
Sue
Old 08-23-2011, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by wichypoo
I watched Eleanor Burns just yesterday and she made me feel soooo deficient,, because everything she did was so calm and casual and effortless and was perfect in the end. I told my husband as I watched, she is a genius to get everything so
perfect the first time. I forgot they edit and re-film.....duh
If not for re-filming I'm sure we would have at least one quilt show with a warning of " Explicit Language "
Old 08-23-2011, 05:05 AM

I have seen them say it is perfect, when it doesn't look exactly perfect to me :)
Old 08-23-2011, 06:53 AM

I heard one time that they don't re-film the episodes because it is too expensive. The only time that happened on Alex Anderson's show on HGTV was when a guest said the word "crap". They apparently were not too happy with her! If you notice, even if they say the block is perfect, they rarely ever show a close up of it so who would really know?!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:33 AM

This is a good idea. Might be workable if the show is a guild sponsored show. Quilters could bring in a block that came out a little wonky or...you know. It could be up to the demo person to ask if anyone has a "problem" block. Guilds could also do this at their meetings.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:01 PM

That would be a show to watch.
My DH says the same thing about the wood working shows. They never have a mishap or have to recut a piece.

Sometimes knowing the setup to do it right is what I'm needing to know. It isn't the sewing a 1/4 seam.
Although some shows go into too many details with the computerized machines and stitches and feet. If you don't own one of those machines, it is boring.

I love to have MIM teach workshops and know how to fix the common mishaps. :)
Old 08-23-2011, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Originally Posted by wichypoo
I watched Eleanor Burns just yesterday and she made me feel soooo deficient,, because everything she did was so calm and casual and effortless and was perfect in the end. I told my husband as I watched, she is a genius to get everything so
perfect the first time. I forgot they edit and re-film.....duh
Yeah, all those perfectly matched seams and points without even pinning. It looked so easy but when I tried it mine were not perfect. So now I take the time to pin. Easier than ripping. :)
Amen!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by hlponyfarm
Quilting shows would show them doing and fixing an unperfect piece?
they always start out by saying "lets see how it came out" "Ahh its just perfect!" LOL
I wanna see that block come out like it comes out for me then explain why it turned out that way and how to fix it!
me too!