Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dose your LQS >

Dose your LQS

Dose your LQS

Old 07-09-2010, 06:00 AM

We only have 1 LQS near us.
She'd do her best if I needed something special.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

No I feel they want me to adjust to what they carry. When I asked about all cotton thread I got a speal about how wonderful the polly thread was for the long arm quilting machine they have in their shop. I am not debating that it is or not, I have no idea, but I wanted 100% cotton thread and they do not cary it. I asked them to cary it as did my friends. Weird I think. Whe I asked about Moda muslin I was told how much like Moda their muslin was. I do not buy the polly thread or their muslin. Not that there is anything wrong with it I just wanted another product. So back home and behind the computer to order along with my quilt bee ladies. Hmmmmm then they wonder why we don't buy?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

Two that are closest to me are nice shops but so IGNORANT! By that I mean when I ask about a quilting product that the shop does not sell I get the blank look of What are you talking about? Never heard of such thing. Not just the new items but the basics too. For example I asked about the pre cut hexagon papers. I got the Never heard of those before, what do you do with them? from the owner/manager. I asked about the quilt Halo, a new item from Sharon Schamber and got WHO is she? Never heard of her or the halo. I don't like that at all. One quick google search and I can buy online without being made to feel stupid.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

Yes and just last week I week in looking for an interfacing , but didn't know they name or anything ( had used it 3 years ago ) gave a basic description , the clerk knew exactly what I wanted/ needed even when I didn't :lol:

It was an interfacing to back white fabrics so when you applique on darker fabric it doesn't show thru as much :thumbup: And that is how I explained it

:roll: LOL
Old 07-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Power Poster

Ours is the greatest. They are some of the nicest and friendliest people I know.