Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets have an over dose on Fabric party ok???....haha

I'll start us out and I hope you all will join in and show some pictures of some material you are either working with or is new to your stash...lets share and have a real over dose of fabric today....hahaha
    can you tell I am into the 1930's print?....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oooooh, i love it! :) But what i really want to know is what block pattern is that??? I REALLY love that :) Oh, and what size are the blocks? I really really like it. And i love your fabrics! :)

OK I'll Play!!! These came yesterday. I ordered the yardage of Civil war and 19th century fabric and they sent a free fat qtr. for every yard, their choice. COOL!!

Ooooooooh, oh oh oh lol, love fabric attacks. Ok, top left, and, bottom second from left my favourites!!! :) I will play later, i have to empty my camera, has too many pictures in it, and then i will take some pictures of my very favourites :)

Melissa those are really nice fabrics! where did you order those?

I love the block pattern also :) The tea cup fabric is sooo cute. I want to make a lap quilt with coffee fabric :)

Quote Originally Posted by Barb M
    Oooooh, i love it! :) But what i really want to know is what block pattern is that??? I REALLY love that :) Oh, and what size are the blocks? I really really like it. And i love your fabrics! :)

the block pattern is a Carol Doak pattern from her book "300 paper peicing blocks"...have you paper pieced before?...if not it is the most fun at least it is for me right now because I can get those perfect points that I could never get before....

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    OK I'll Play!!! These came yesterday. I ordered the yardage of Civil war and 19th century fabric and they sent a free fat qtr. for every yard, their choice. COOL!!

those are so pretty are you going to make the civil war quilt?...I like those rich colors alot....

Tigerbaby, I got them from
    http://www.marjsquiltfabrics.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=24

First time I had ordered from them. I ordered on the 5th and got them on the 9th. Pretty fast.

Grannycat, yes, I am going to do the URR quilt eventually. I am working on another one with Civil war fabrics right now. Got a few more I want to make too.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I can play....but some have seen these...

My collection of Civil War fabrics....

PS--Love yours Melissa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Cat
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb M

the block pattern is a Carol Doak pattern from her book "300 paper peicing blocks"...have you paper pieced before?...if not it is the most fun at least it is for me right now because I can get those perfect points that I could never get before....
    is it block # 268 on page 158?? I like it too!

Karla, S'OK I can look at them again & again & again.............I still love 'em!!!

Quote Originally Posted by barnbum
    I can play....but some have seen these...

My collection of Civil War fabrics....

PS--Love yours Melissa!!!

I really like those ...I like the civil war colors you have to...

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    Tigerbaby, I got them from
    http://www.marjsquiltfabrics.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=24

First time I had ordered from them. I ordered on the 5th and got them on the 9th. Pretty fast.
    Thanks :) Thats very fast shipping I love those places.. hehe
    Wow Im amazed at how cheap fat quarters and fabric is online compared to my LQS :) I'll have to take a pic of the block I just finished

yeah I can get fabric alot cheaper on line and our nearest quilt shop is about 40 miles away.

I'll play! These fun fabrics came in the mail today, from Amma. :D We had a pool going for the mare stare and Sue and I won. Aren't these the coolest fabrics? I may have to frame them instead of chop them!

Love those 1930's repro's! And that piecing is stunning!

I have petted these all day!
    Name:  Attachment-14310.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  68.4 KB

if I ordered online my poor mailman would be attacked as soon as I knew the package was arriving...that would be so exciting to be waiting on fabric...my quilt shop is about two miles away plus we have alot of fabric stores here in town so I have'nt ever ordered but I am seeing some fabrics that are different then I've seen around and the prices seem good so one of these days I am going to order online....Chele those are such pretty colors you'll have fun with those....

Pretty Chele, Whatcha gonna make, (if you dont frame them)

I been having a PARTY!!!! here for the last week, Ishopped online and at Hancock Fabric and Hobby Lobby. Haven't post what i did week before.

I am collection novelties of all kind and i am having a BALL. I don't know what i am going to do it yet. I have been making Fabric Postcards with some

I been having a PARTY!!!! here for the last week, Ishopped online and at Hancock Fabric and Hobby Lobby. Haven't post what i did week before.

I am collection novelties of all kind and i am having a BALL. I don't know what i am going to do it yet. I have been making Fabric Postcards with some

those are really cute! I say if you dont know what you are going to do with them, just caress them and enjoy their uncut beauty!!!

Ohhh can I play too, those are all gorgeous and I luv looking at fabrics. I've just been having a bit of a blowout at the fabric stores in the city. It is mid-winter here and they are having their big clearance sales. I wait all year for these sales, I usually get the bigger pieces of fabric I need to finish my quilts, that I can't afford at normal prices, so I've been having a bit of fun lately Whoo hoo :P

Pic A:I finally got the rest of the fabric I need to finish Grandson's quilt. Made from last years BOMs. The green camoflage is Flannel, which will be lovely and soft on the back. All these, except the purple, were on special at $5 P/M, when you think most of these fabrics normally retail here between $18 -$25, that's jolly good buying :P

Pic B: Clearance fabris, mostly 1 metre pieces

Pic C: I don't normally buy fabric collections but these caught my eye, they were on special at $10 with an additional 20% discount, but they forgot to give me the discount, so instead of doing the paper work to fix it they offered me a metre of fabric, my choice. So I was happy :P I scored a metre of $20 fabric, which was worth way more than my discount would have been, that's the fabric at the bottom of the pic

Pic B
    Name:  Attachment-14426.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  93.0 KB

Pic A
    Name:  Attachment-14427.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  47.0 KB

Pic C
    Name:  Attachment-14428.jpe
Views: 3
Size:  71.5 KB

Good Haul Shelly!!! I love the collection fabric! very pretty!

those are all very pretty I like the one you have for your Grandsons quilt very nice....I'm waiting very impatiently to find out what my daughter is having so I can start the baby quilt for him/her...and the best part is the baby will be born in winter so a nice cozy cuddly quilt will be just the ticket....for now I am just practicing my paper piecing....

Pic D I got this fabric for $2 P/M, it has a small repeated flaw in the pattern but it is excellent quality fabric, looks like they had a bit of a spill with some of the dye, but at that price I can live with it :P , got 5 Metres, so I can either use it as backing or cut around the flaw for piecing

Pic D This fabric I've ended up with 7 1/2 metres of, which will be enough to back the big quilt I'm making from the current BOMs. It is normally $25 P/M, I got 5mts for $3 P/M on the clearance table, when I went back for the half price sale they had the clearance table half price too, so I got the rest for $1.5 P/m :shock: It's excellent quality and nothing wrong with it, maybe people just didn,t like the colour :?: Go figure

Pic F: Clearance fabrics, the solid fabrics in the top row are quilters homespun $3 P/M and the rest was all $5 P/M, mostly one metre pieces to add to my stash :wink:

Pic D
    Name:  Attachment-14355.jpe
Size:  55.5 KB

Pic F
    Name:  Attachment-14356.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  57.4 KB

Pic E
    Name:  Attachment-14357.jpe
Size:  69.6 KB