Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Lets have an over dose on Fabric party ok???....haha >

Lets have an over dose on Fabric party ok???....haha

Lets have an over dose on Fabric party ok???....haha

Old 07-10-2008, 03:45 PM

those are really cute! I say if you dont know what you are going to do with them, just caress them and enjoy their uncut beauty!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:23 PM

Ohhh can I play too, those are all gorgeous and I luv looking at fabrics. I've just been having a bit of a blowout at the fabric stores in the city. It is mid-winter here and they are having their big clearance sales. I wait all year for these sales, I usually get the bigger pieces of fabric I need to finish my quilts, that I can't afford at normal prices, so I've been having a bit of fun lately Whoo hoo :P

Pic A:I finally got the rest of the fabric I need to finish Grandson's quilt. Made from last years BOMs. The green camoflage is Flannel, which will be lovely and soft on the back. All these, except the purple, were on special at $5 P/M, when you think most of these fabrics normally retail here between $18 -$25, that's jolly good buying :P

Pic B: Clearance fabris, mostly 1 metre pieces

Pic C: I don't normally buy fabric collections but these caught my eye, they were on special at $10 with an additional 20% discount, but they forgot to give me the discount, so instead of doing the paper work to fix it they offered me a metre of fabric, my choice. So I was happy :P I scored a metre of $20 fabric, which was worth way more than my discount would have been, that's the fabric at the bottom of the pic

Pic B
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14426[/ATTACH]

Pic A
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14427[/ATTACH]

Pic C
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14428[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-14426.jpe   attachment-14427.jpe   attachment-14428.jpe  
Old 07-10-2008, 04:35 PM

Good Haul Shelly!!! I love the collection fabric! very pretty!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:42 PM

those are all very pretty I like the one you have for your Grandsons quilt very nice....I'm waiting very impatiently to find out what my daughter is having so I can start the baby quilt for him/her...and the best part is the baby will be born in winter so a nice cozy cuddly quilt will be just the ticket....for now I am just practicing my paper piecing....
Old 07-10-2008, 04:43 PM

Pic D I got this fabric for $2 P/M, it has a small repeated flaw in the pattern but it is excellent quality fabric, looks like they had a bit of a spill with some of the dye, but at that price I can live with it :P , got 5 Metres, so I can either use it as backing or cut around the flaw for piecing

Pic D This fabric I've ended up with 7 1/2 metres of, which will be enough to back the big quilt I'm making from the current BOMs. It is normally $25 P/M, I got 5mts for $3 P/M on the clearance table, when I went back for the half price sale they had the clearance table half price too, so I got the rest for $1.5 P/m :shock: It's excellent quality and nothing wrong with it, maybe people just didn,t like the colour :?: Go figure

Pic F: Clearance fabrics, the solid fabrics in the top row are quilters homespun $3 P/M and the rest was all $5 P/M, mostly one metre pieces to add to my stash :wink:

Pic D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14355[/ATTACH]

Pic F
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14356[/ATTACH]

Pic E
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14357[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-14355.jpe   attachment-14356.jpe   attachment-14357.jpe  
Old 07-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

:cry: I can't play at the moment, I'm embroidering some golf towels (15 of them). But.... after that, it will be pink and purple for a quilt for my neice.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:45 PM

Jerrie and Shellie, you have got the most unique group of fabrics. I've not seen the like! I'm ga-ga over those Betty Boop playing card pattern!

Old 07-10-2008, 04:54 PM

I can play this week :D DH and I were at Hancocks, and I found three that just had to come home with me. The blender will be for Mariner's Compasses, the Christmas border fabric will be for something I'll have to pick out later, and the sewing fabric - well, it's sewing fabric (that's reason enough around me!)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-43263.jpe  
Old 07-10-2008, 05:36 PM

I want to share this fabric I found at the Bernina shop Wednesday. Not sure how I will make a quilt from it but I could not pass up the fabric. On the light color I want to do a black embroidery design that is airy not real dense. The dark color has like a leaf pattern and is so different. If any of you know of a quilt pattern that this material would make up good just let me know. You know you are a true quilter when you buy material and not know what you are going to do with it. Ha!
Beth
Attached Thumbnails attachment-43199.jpe  
Old 07-10-2008, 06:07 PM

OOO Roben I love the Sewing Fabric!!!!