Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Double Wedding Ring......h.e.l.p.  me please >

Double Wedding Ring......h.e.l.p. me please

Double Wedding Ring......h.e.l.p. me please

Old 07-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JulieR
Also, pin pin pin! Curves can be tough, but using more pins than you think you need can help.
DITTO..that and if you are going to remove the paper, first do a stay stitch on your sewing line...this will help keep the fabrics where they should be..IF you stretch your fabrics to fit the football...then you will have MORE puckers later...stretching is NEVER a good thing in quilt making!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:24 AM

if you want to make one this is the best way i have seen!
it is on video someplace.
CHERYL PHILLIPS

http://www.softexpressions.com/softw...ndexRulers.php
Old 07-05-2011, 09:56 AM

Your fabric is beautiful. If you really can't get the puckers out with the online advice, go to your LQS and see if they will help you in person. You are right it is too much money to waste and your sis would be too disappointed.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:39 AM

Is it possible when it is quilted you can quilt those puckers out. Just a thought.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:08 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-4260-1.htm

this is a tutorial that patrice once did. it's the best one i ever saw.
you don't have to do anything else but pay attention to the part where she attaches the melon to the arches. i find the pictures very helpful because it's in 'real time'.

i hope it helps you.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:19 PM

I recently made a wedding ring quilt using a special pressure foot from "Just Curves". It is available online, just type in Just Curves. It truly makes it the easiest way to sew curves, there is no pinning or puckers. It really does work and is worth the $23
Old 07-05-2011, 02:28 PM

I have never made a quilt with curves but I love the colors; Good Luck!
Old 07-05-2011, 04:21 PM

I don't know a thing about paper pieceing. But, I've done my fair share of Double Wedding Rings. It just takes practice. Keep going. You'll get the hang of it.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:54 PM

I'm with you - stop now - get advice - correct the pucker problem before moving on. You'll be disappointed if they don't simply iron out and usually they won't. I would try what folks are instructing you to do, then redo that first one to remove more puckers. Pin, pin, pin. Can't wait to see it. What ever you do, don't stop completely. It's gonna be great!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:48 PM

I'm working on a DWR using John Flynn's templates and book. It is time consuming but it's working up nicely albeit slowly. The most critical part of piecing any quilt is getting the correct scant 1/4" seam ( really doesn't apply to PP). I had a bit of trouble with my first arc..it was doable but was just a tiny tiny bit off..I called the company and asked how to address this problem..the lady sent me John Flynn's business card that has HIS 1/4" seam mark on the back. Let me tell you it made a world of difference. Oddly enough the seam allowance in the printed templates in the book are NOT the same as the card which is what I originally set my machine to do..probably happened with the printing of the book..not sure but I'm really happy now that I can make the blocks pretty darn close to perfect. I mark everysingle intersection..takes time but I will do it for every single arc and melon. I spent a fortune on the fabric and I am not going to compromise my work.