Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Double wedding ring pattern question >

Double wedding ring pattern question

Double wedding ring pattern question

Old 10-15-2015, 08:47 AM

I forgot to mention, the paper pieced version I made had 11 pieces in the arc, so a jelly roll would probably have worked although I didn't check the width of the arcs; they are 3 1/4 inches wide, but if you used the jelly roll length wise, the jelly rolls would work. I didn't use white in mine either and it was made all with batiks; with the bride and grooms favorite colors; not the traditional colors but was gorgeous even for my first attempt. But I will say by the time I got all those arcs done I swore I'd NEVER made another one - but probably would now.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:42 PM

I am making a DWR according to Mary Henderson and Anne Dease, where you make the arcs and then applique them to a 12 1/2 in square. When all are assembled you piece them together and there is no curved piece sewing. I made my own arcs on lightweight interfacing and appliqued them with very narrow zigzag and clear thread. I trimmed the fabric and interfacing from the back to make it more lightweight. I used scraps from another quilt but had to buy more fabric for the cornerstones of each block. Will post a picture if I can.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gmcsewer View Post
I am making a DWR according to Mary Henderson and Anne Dease, where you make the arcs and then applique them to a 12 1/2 in square. When all are assembled you piece them together and there is no curved piece sewing. I made my own arcs on lightweight interfacing and appliqued them with very narrow zigzag and clear thread. I trimmed the fabric and interfacing from the back to make it more lightweight. I used scraps from another quilt but had to buy more fabric for the cornerstones of each block. Will post a picture if I can.
i think that is what the Eleanor Burns method is too. Something I would try. Thanks for the additional information on this method.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:01 PM

I you go to the site dunster posted & scroll down to Kaywoods Double wedding ring tut, it will show you a very easy way to make it & it is a quilt as you go. So when you are finished with each wring, the quilt is completely finished. Now layering of the top, batting & backing or worry about binding. This method is really worth checking out & can be made with jelly rolls.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:30 PM

Meyert and sewnclog: I'm so excited! Our Tuesday quilting hostess had a double wedding ring template set that she was either giving away or tossing. I happened to be there and I took it home but couldn't find a pattern to match it so she said to toss it. Well, I'm glad I didn't get around to obeying my elder! Lol! Now I will need to watch the video and decide if I make this for my son's wedding or a Dresden quilt.

Thanks,

Connie
Old 10-16-2015, 10:49 AM

Look into Quilt Smart for the Double Wedding Ring Pattern. I made one years ago (it was a lot of work) but some of my friends have made it recently using quilt smart and loved making it that way. You should definitely look into it because I know that it is a lot less work than cutting out each shape and putting them together. Good luck!