Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Double Wedding Ring..what is the fastest/easiest way?? >

Double Wedding Ring..what is the fastest/easiest way??

Double Wedding Ring..what is the fastest/easiest way??

Old 10-13-2014, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301 View Post
I did mine the E. Burns way. You make the arches and then sew them to white squares. I like hand sewing. This was prolly about the 3rd quilt I made. It is queen size and I quilted it on my Janome using stencils and a blue marking pen that washed away.

Beautiful quilt!
Old 10-13-2014, 06:12 PM

I have made several wedding rings, using muslin foundation under the curves, but it took a while to do them. For dh aunt, I used a 'square' pattern I found that was quick to put together.Called Chain of Love.
Attached Thumbnails chain-lovep2.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltingNinaSue; 10-13-2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: delete extra photograph
Old 10-13-2014, 06:17 PM

I used the templates, I think, from a Delores Yoder out of Texas. I was working at the time but I pieced it in three months, in browns and peach on a white-on-white background. I pieced the arches, added them to the melon and then added the centers. It was queen size plus. I don't believe I have the pics downloaded or I would include them. Best of luck no matter which way you go.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
Quilt in a Day. Look at the video under Egg Money Quilts. Use the Quilt Smart interfacing. It goes pretty quickly.
This is the one I did fast accurate. Was very pleased with th outcome.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301 View Post
I did mine the E. Burns way. You make the arches and then sew them to white squares. I like hand sewing. This was prolly about the 3rd quilt I made. It is queen size and I quilted it on my Janome using stencils and a blue marking pen that washed away.
Very good. Beautiful job. I have her book and think I will attempt it. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:33 AM

I am working on one right now. It is very difficult IMHO. There are lots of pieces and lots of starts and stops. I took a class and the class met for 6 sessions. That should have been a clue. Lucky for me the class was at the LQS near my home, and the instructor works at the shop. She is very helpful and will help when I get stuck. For some reason the instructions don't help me. It is a booklet by Sharlene Jorgenson and I can't make head or tail of them. I finally have all the circles together and just have to add the little points around the edge. Have to go to the shop to get help for that. Can't wait to finish this quilt, and don't think I will be making another in the near future. lol Just for the record, I have been quilting for 25 years and usually can figure a pattern easy peasy. But not this one. I'm not a visual learner, so I don't know why I'm having so many problems. Probably a mental block.
Sue
Old 10-14-2014, 06:51 AM

A one time neighbor who had been quilting for a very long time decided to "tackle" a DWR....after she finished she told me----never again------and she was not one to shirk a challenge.....that having been said, although I have been tempted once in awhile, her words ring in my ears.....other patterns that are more fun are waiting to be done!
Old 10-14-2014, 07:45 AM

I highly recommend the Quiltsmart method. My nowsewing/nonquilting DD (and I'm just one step above beginner) did one for her collage roomate for her wedding. She had very limited time (home from internship/Thanksgiving break/Christmas break etc). She found it very doable and the quilt is beautiful. The method is methodical, step by step-perfect for her engineer's mind!
Old 10-14-2014, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

This is an easy pieced pattern that can be adapted to look like a DWR. http://www.fonsandporter.com/content..._Garden_RS.pdf
Old 10-14-2014, 08:49 AM

Two ways should be quick. First is John Flynn method. Strip piece the arches as straight strips, cut strips, take tucks in each seam. Cut arch with template. Templates for other pieces. Buy book and templates from him.

Second - paper piece the arches