Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Downsizing >

Downsizing

Downsizing

Old 10-06-2011, 08:48 AM

We too spent a few years to pay off credit cards and also all vehicles. It really is helpful not to have those payments. Still have a mortgage though.

It is such a relief to not have that debt. It stunk while paying it off, but now frees up a lot more of the income for other things. And it means we don't have to downsize other things quite as much.

But I still try to buy fabric/thread only on sale unless it is a specific thing needed for a specific (current) project.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:06 AM

I have always had to live conservatively so I do without cell phone, fast internet, cable t.v. going out for dinner, buy clothes that on sale but comfortable.....tee shirts in summer and sweatshirts in the winter, only one Quilt magazine subsciption per year [this is my luxury because I love quilt magazines. There is more but this is an example. I would like to see the younger generation live more consevatively which could keep them out of trouble but it seems many of them think they are owed a living. Looks like it is going to get worse before it gets better so hopefully they will see that one can live with less and be contented.