Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Driving me crazy! >

Driving me crazy!

Driving me crazy!

Old 08-11-2014, 06:17 AM

I'm gonna guess it is lint from the yarn in t he bobbin area. You will need to clean out the bobbin area really well, and do it more often than usual.
Marge

Originally Posted by carol45 View Post
I had a problem with points not meeting on a quilt top, and someone on the board suggested couching yarn with a zigzag stitch over it to hide the problem. Great idea! It worked too! But all of a sudden my machine starts not zigzagging correctly. I get very loose threads, and even broken ones, which I really can't figure out because the thread continues to stay whole as it stitches. What's with that? How can it be?
I cleaned out all lint, I rethreaded, I tried changes in tension. I tested on a separate test sandwich and it works perfectly, until I sew it on the quilt sandwich, and then it messes up.
I've included 3 pictures. One, with blue yarn, where it's working correctly, and 2 with brown yarn where it messes up. The yarns, thread, etc. are all the same.
Any suggestions? Help!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:19 AM

Not sure which machine you have..but can you tighten the bobbin just a tiny, tiny bit to compensate for the tighter upper tension? If not, I'd walk the needle over the places the thread seems to break at, and loosen the upper tension a number or so.
Marge

Originally Posted by carol45 View Post
I changed the needle, and it seemed to help slightly. I played with the tension, and putting it up very high seemed to make it work (although it's pulling the bobbin thread, which is a different color, up to the top more, but I think I can live with that if I can just not have those thread breakages and loops).
Old 08-11-2014, 06:59 AM

Hate to say this (with the price of machine repairs), but your TIMING is off. Sorry!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:30 AM

My question, instead of all the additional work, which seems to be driving you crazy, why not take those corners ( that you hate) apart and fix them?