Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Eleanor Burns patterns >

Eleanor Burns patterns

Eleanor Burns patterns

Old 04-11-2012, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Evy View Post
I'm looking at a french braid pattern currently offered on Eleanor's website. It is shown with different colors and I'm wondering if her patterns indicate which jelly roll collection is used for a particular design/color. Also, if the patterns indicate how much fabric to cut per color if not using jelly rolls. Obviously I've not purchased one of her patterns or kits before! I've been considering this pattern but so far haven't gotten the nerve to try it. Thanks.
I bought this pattern with a cutting template included. The pattern does not mention a specific jelly roll collection, but shows three photos of different color combinations. She does mention on one that her sister divided the colors into lights, mediums, and darks to get a balanced look. The pattern came quickly, and I'm glad to have the template for the cutting angle. The price was right, too.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:09 AM

I just attended at seminar with her sister, Pat Nagle, this week. The braid quilt she showed was from a jelly roll but I don't remember if she said which one.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:51 AM

I started with Eleanor Burns and have been making quilts for nearly 25 years and still think her patterns and books are wonderful. I have also taken workshops with many other designers and enjoy them as well, but still return many times to Eleanor's so clear directions. When a friend wants to learn how to start quilting or to learn how to write directions I send her to Eleanor. But I don't think she recommends a certain product, that's up to the colors each person likes.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:27 AM

Default Eleanor Burns braid in a day pattern

Originally Posted by Sewfine View Post
I have her log cabin book and it is very detailed. It gives the yardage and the precut instructions. I love her books.
Yes I have this pattern yes you can use jelly roll or your own 2 1/2 strips . Yes the pattern tell you how many strip you need for each sides of quilt . I'm just starting this pattern.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:33 AM

Eleanor explains her techniques very well. Even I can understand her instructions! lol I have a lot of her books and patterns. I have attended her classes and I have to say she is also the most fun and entertaining teacher I have ever met. If you get a chance to attend one of her classes don't miss it!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 AM

I've used Eleanor Burns starting with her first one, Log Cabin Quilt In A Day. Easy to understand and follow.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:48 AM

She has a whole media theater of free patterns which is wonderful. Go to www.quiltinaday.com/theater/3100/3101.html
the one you want might be there, there are many
Old 04-12-2012, 08:30 AM

I just received the "Braid in a day" from Eleanor Burns ans it says to used either 2 1/2" pre-cut or cut them yourself to be able to make this quilt. It also has the acrylic template to use in the pattern and all of the instructions. I think you will be very pleased with your purchase. happy quilting.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:15 PM

ilove her quilts my first quilt was her book log cabins suzieQ
Old 04-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

Eleanor Burns patterns are very good and give also let you know how much fabric you need.