Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Eleanor Burns patterns

Evy

Eleanor Burns patterns

I'm looking at a french braid pattern currently offered on Eleanor's website. It is shown with different colors and I'm wondering if her patterns indicate which jelly roll collection is used for a particular design/color. Also, if the patterns indicate how much fabric to cut per color if not using jelly rolls. Obviously I've not purchased one of her patterns or kits before! I've been considering this pattern but so far haven't gotten the nerve to try it. Thanks.

Eleanor's patterns will tell you everything you need, whether you use pre cut or yardage. She also shows you how to cut using the regular rulers or her speciality ones. Go for it!

I have one of her books and she's detailed. I would think her patterns are too but I would call the shop and ask...they would be able to tell you skill level and pattern details. She's very easy to follow!
    *Rachel*

I have alot of Eleanor Burns patterns and books. She gives wonderful directions whether working with pre-cuts or cutting your own. I don't believe I have ever seen her reference what jelly roll, etc. she used in projects tho.

Banned
    I doubt she would indicated the specific jelly roll design as they change often.

http://quiltinaday.com/theater/library.html Dont know if that is on video or not but
    give it a try. Her books are easy to follow I highly recommend that you jump right in
    and try it. We are here to help you if you get stuck but I dont think you will need any
    help.
    Denise finally in Manchester NH

Eleanor Burns writes some of the best directions of any pattern maker( my opinion). Detailed lots of images to follow .. they are the closest thing to goof proof . I always recommend her books/patterns for those just starting.

Evy
    Thanks everyone. I'm going for it!

If you go to Eleanor Burns web site she has a lot of pre cut fabrics and also other fabric lines. They are different than Quilt in a Day web site. Check there for the jelly roll she used in the pattern.

I have her log cabin book and it is very detailed. It gives the yardage and the precut instructions. I love her books.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evy View Post
    I'm looking at a french braid pattern currently offered on Eleanor's website. It is shown with different colors and I'm wondering if her patterns indicate which jelly roll collection is used for a particular design/color. Also, if the patterns indicate how much fabric to cut per color if not using jelly rolls. Obviously I've not purchased one of her patterns or kits before! I've been considering this pattern but so far haven't gotten the nerve to try it. Thanks.
    I bought this pattern with a cutting template included. The pattern does not mention a specific jelly roll collection, but shows three photos of different color combinations. She does mention on one that her sister divided the colors into lights, mediums, and darks to get a balanced look. The pattern came quickly, and I'm glad to have the template for the cutting angle. The price was right, too.

I just attended at seminar with her sister, Pat Nagle, this week. The braid quilt she showed was from a jelly roll but I don't remember if she said which one.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

I started with Eleanor Burns and have been making quilts for nearly 25 years and still think her patterns and books are wonderful. I have also taken workshops with many other designers and enjoy them as well, but still return many times to Eleanor's so clear directions. When a friend wants to learn how to start quilting or to learn how to write directions I send her to Eleanor. But I don't think she recommends a certain product, that's up to the colors each person likes.

Eleanor Burns braid in a day pattern

Quote Originally Posted by Sewfine View Post
    I have her log cabin book and it is very detailed. It gives the yardage and the precut instructions. I love her books.
    Yes I have this pattern yes you can use jelly roll or your own 2 1/2 strips . Yes the pattern tell you how many strip you need for each sides of quilt . I'm just starting this pattern.

Eleanor explains her techniques very well. Even I can understand her instructions! lol I have a lot of her books and patterns. I have attended her classes and I have to say she is also the most fun and entertaining teacher I have ever met. If you get a chance to attend one of her classes don't miss it!

I've used Eleanor Burns starting with her first one, Log Cabin Quilt In A Day. Easy to understand and follow.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

She has a whole media theater of free patterns which is wonderful. Go to www.quiltinaday.com/theater/3100/3101.html
    the one you want might be there, there are many

I just received the "Braid in a day" from Eleanor Burns ans it says to used either 2 1/2" pre-cut or cut them yourself to be able to make this quilt. It also has the acrylic template to use in the pattern and all of the instructions. I think you will be very pleased with your purchase. happy quilting.

ilove her quilts my first quilt was her book log cabins suzieQ

Power Poster
    Eleanor Burns patterns are very good and give also let you know how much fabric you need.

Eleanor Burns "Quilt in a Day" was running a special on the Braid pattern. I agree her instructions are very easy to follow
    Quiltlady

Blog Entries
    Her patterns are wonderful!!! I wouldn't hesitate to order.
    Quote Originally Posted by NURSELYNN1 View Post
    Eleanor's patterns will tell you everything you need, whether you use pre cut or yardage. She also shows you how to cut using the regular rulers or her speciality ones. Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
    She has a whole media theater of free patterns which is wonderful. Go to www.quiltinaday.com/theater/3100/3101.html
    the one you want might be there, there are many
    Thank you - I didn't know about this site - I am a new quilter and this looks fabulous.

Marysewfun
    Marysewfun
    Have a great day!