Electric Quilt 6 or 7

Electric Quilt 6 or 7

Old 07-16-2011, 04:31 PM

I started with EQ5 and upgraded to 6 and the 7 and never learned to use any. :(
Old 07-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by frarose
I started with EQ5 and upgraded to 6 and the 7 and never learned to use any. :(
what???? you can do it...you really do not need to "LEARN" much..if you just start playing around with the basics like layouts, color blocks, etc..you can do a lot with just that knowledge..THEN branch out if you need/want to!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:37 AM

Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of EQ 5? I had it on my computer before it crashed. And now I can't find my CD! Help! I also want to know if I buy EQ 6 or 7, will I be able to use the tutorial book I purchased for EQ 5. This is very disappointing because Electric Quilt no longer sells EQ 5.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:56 AM

Well with all the talk of which EQ version to buy, I just had to speak up! First yes you can upgrade from EQ5 to 7. You need to call EQ and they will give you the price for the upgrade. Now remember that EQ upgrades are full versions of EQ products. They load a completely new EQ version on the computer. Yes EQ6 had only 4 installs per cd. That being said you could receive more by phoning EQ directly and speaking to Penny( an owner) and then be up and running. EQ 5 vs EQ7 two totally different programs. The buttons are in different places. They are named differently etc. The nice thing about EQ6 and 7 is the ease of use. What I mean is I feel that 6 and 7 are more intuitive. I find it easier to teach than EQ5 ever was. Yes EQ7 has many bells and whistles. If you ever wanted to do a memory quilt 7 is the way to go. Also EQ7 has to talk to the internet to verify that it is on the correct computers. It can be loaded on as many computers as you want. BUT only TWO computers can be active at any time.For example a laptop and a pc. Yes you can run EQ on a Mac if you run parallel ports. I am happy to answer any questions on EQ I am a happy user since EQ4 and also teach EQ.
Happy New Year Luann
Old 12-30-2011, 12:28 PM

I've had EQ6 and upgraded to 7, LOVE it! I use a lot of pictures to print labels, which you can edit right in the program. EQ7 is also much easier to scan your own fabrics and smooth them out right in the program rather than with another type of software. It just depends on what you want to do, but I much prefer 7.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

Here is the Electric Quilt Section with all the threads posted there. I have been posting EQ classes every Monday on here. There are also discussions in some of the threads about the EQ versions

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tags/electric+quilt.html
Old 01-07-2012, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by crafterrn1 View Post
Yes you can run EQ on a Mac if you run parallel ports. I am happy to answer any questions on EQ I am a happy user since EQ4 and also teach EQ.
Happy New Year Luann
Hi Luann,
I am a mac user, but I use EQ5 on dh's pc right now, because I don't know what parallel ports are?? Can you please explain to me. thanks
Old 01-09-2012, 05:38 AM

It just went on sale at EleanorBurns.com. When I got mine I didn't have to spend that much more to qualify for free shipping and I'd rather spend my money on fabric that shipping. EQ7 is the one on sale for 138