Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Results 51 to 72 of 72

Thread: Elm Creek Novels

  1. #51
    Super Member brushandthimble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North of Boston, MA, USA
    Posts
    3,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam B
    Jennifer Chiaverini is the author.
    thank you!

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Edie
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    They are so popular. My library only carries a few. And the used book stores carry them . This is a wonderful authur. Enjoy. It will make you want to make all the quilts to go along with them. There is a Elm Creek Quilt book too. Happy reading.
    I have every audio book. Be sure to start with the beginning. It all follows the lives of the quilters at Elm Creek. There also is a cookbook that goes with the books! The coffee cake is especially good!

    I hope this will help anyone who thinks halfway like me:

    1. The Quilter's Apprentice - 1999
    2. Round Robin - 2000
    3. Cross Country Quilters - 2001
    4. The Runaway Quilt - 2002
    5. The Quilter's Legacy - 2003
    6. The Master Quilter - 2004
    7. The Sugar CAmp Quilt - 2005
    8. The Christmas Quilt - 2005
    9. The Circle of Quilters - 2006
    10. The Quilter's Homecoming - 2007
    11. The New Years Quilt - 2007
    12. Winding Ways Quilt - 2008
    13. The Lost Quilter - 2009
    14. A Quilter's Holiday - 1009
    15. The Aloha Quilt - 2010

    Nos. 4-14 come together. Won't say a word about it. But, for what it is worth, I read the books in order and it kept the whole family together to totally understand it.

    I believe No. 6 has the quilting book for the Wedding Quilt book. I would love to make that quilt.

    Enjoy. Edie
    I have read the whole series too. Just starting my SBS quilt and have 3 blocks done so far. The Sylvia's Bridal Sampler book is great it shows each block with complete instructions on how to make it.

  3. #53
    Super Member Edie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    2,617
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by candlequilter
    Quote Originally Posted by Edie
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    They are so popular. My library only carries a few. And the used book stores carry them . This is a wonderful authur. Enjoy. It will make you want to make all the quilts to go along with them. There is a Elm Creek Quilt book too. Happy reading.
    I have every audio book. Be sure to start with the beginning. It all follows the lives of the quilters at Elm Creek. There also is a cookbook that goes with the books! The coffee cake is especially good!

    I hope this will help anyone who thinks halfway like me:

    1. The Quilter's Apprentice - 1999
    2. Round Robin - 2000
    3. Cross Country Quilters - 2001
    4. The Runaway Quilt - 2002
    5. The Quilter's Legacy - 2003
    6. The Master Quilter - 2004
    7. The Sugar CAmp Quilt - 2005
    8. The Christmas Quilt - 2005
    9. The Circle of Quilters - 2006
    10. The Quilter's Homecoming - 2007
    11. The New Years Quilt - 2007
    12. Winding Ways Quilt - 2008
    13. The Lost Quilter - 2009
    14. A Quilter's Holiday - 1009
    15. The Aloha Quilt - 2010

    Nos. 4-14 come together. Won't say a word about it. But, for what it is worth, I read the books in order and it kept the whole family together to totally understand it.

    I believe No. 6 has the quilting book for the Wedding Quilt book. I would love to make that quilt.

    Enjoy. Edie
    I have read the whole series too. Just starting my SBS quilt and have 3 blocks done so far. The Sylvia's Bridal Sampler book is great it shows each block with complete instructions on how to make it.
    I am running a day late and a dollar short, besides my brain is fried. I meant to say that Book 4 AND 14 relate to each other concerning Joanna. That's all - now I am heading back outside and fry my brain some more. Edie

  4. #54
    Super Member pennyswings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Posts
    1,577
    you can get them on audio book at
    www.audible.com
    You can buy them outright and download them from the site at normal price or you can join for $14.95 a month. With that memembership they give you one credit a month and with your credits you can get most of their books. I have belonged for about 3 years now and I really like the convinence.
    I love listening to audio books while I sew. It makes the passage of time that much more pleasant for me, especially since I mostly sew alone.

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    355
    I'll have to che k this series out! I just read "Prayers for Sale" - Sandra Dallas/ I want to read all her books as well! I highly recomned them!

  6. #56
    Super Member Edie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    2,617
    Blog Entries
    1
    Check out Nancy E. TUrner - "These is My Words" - 1998, "Sarah's Quilt - 2005, and "The Star Garden - 2007. It is a series of three books - Sarah Prine~

    Fun books to either read or listen to are the books by Joanne Fluke - they take place in Minnesota. Fun mysteries and loaded with recipes!!!!!!!! Diane Mott Davidson is another good one.
    Mary Higgins Clark. Ann B. Ross. These are excellent for listening to and sewing or driving or just laying out in the back yard, listening to a good book and watching the clouds go by. Any book that is narrated by George Guidall I listen to. His voice, accents, changes in character are unbelievable.

    B ooks - The Shack, The Girls, Marley and Me, The Art of Racing in the Rain, Icy Sparks, March, On Agate Hill, On The Beach, The Memory Keeper's Daughter, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle.

    Authors - Carol Higgins Clark, Diane Mott Davidson, Richard PAul Evans,Earlene Fowler, Jan Karon, Wally Lamb (nasty language, but good stories), Beverly Lewis, Tracie Peterson, Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks.

    Our library gets rid of their old audio books, and other books by selling them for 50 cents. Needless to say, I have an awful lot of audio books. When I am through with some of them (those I do not want to keep), I give them to a blind friend of mine and when she is done she passes them on to the Lions Club or nursing homes, etc. So they are easy for people to listen to who can't read anymore.

    All that I have listed above is in cd form from the library. So I figure if they are in cd they are also in regular reading books. I also have books on tape that the library gets rid of just to make room for cds and of course they have the download program too. My computer has the capabilities, but I don't have an ipod or whatever they are, so I am happy with what I can work with. I have enough books now to last me for the rest of my life, but still when an author I like comes out with a new book, I have to get it to keep up with the rest of her stories.

    Happy quilting and "reading"! Edie

    That is all -

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    355
    Edie,
    If you have a laptop there is no need for an iPod. just download iTunes for free (if you don't already have it) and take your laptop with you outside! you can DL to your desktop with iTunes as well! thanks for the info!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edie
    Check out Nancy E. TUrner - "These is My Words" - 1998, "Sarah's Quilt - 2005, and "The Star Garden - 2007. It is a series of three books - Sarah Prine~

    Fun books to either read or listen to are the books by Joanne Fluke - they take place in Minnesota. Fun mysteries and loaded with recipes!!!!!!!! Diane Mott Davidson is another good one.
    Mary Higgins Clark. Ann B. Ross. These are excellent for listening to and sewing or driving or just laying out in the back yard, listening to a good book and watching the clouds go by. Any book that is narrated by George Guidall I listen to. His voice, accents, changes in character are unbelievable.

    B ooks - The Shack, The Girls, Marley and Me, The Art of Racing in the Rain, Icy Sparks, March, On Agate Hill, On The Beach, The Memory Keeper's Daughter, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle.

    Authors - Carol Higgins Clark, Diane Mott Davidson, Richard PAul Evans,Earlene Fowler, Jan Karon, Wally Lamb (nasty language, but good stories), Beverly Lewis, Tracie Peterson, Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks.

    Our library gets rid of their old audio books, and other books by selling them for 50 cents. Needless to say, I have an awful lot of audio books. When I am through with some of them (those I do not want to keep), I give them to a blind friend of mine and when she is done she passes them on to the Lions Club or nursing homes, etc. So they are easy for people to listen to who can't read anymore.

    All that I have listed above is in cd form from the library. So I figure if they are in cd they are also in regular reading books. I also have books on tape that the library gets rid of just to make room for cds and of course they have the download program too. My computer has the capabilities, but I don't have an ipod or whatever they are, so I am happy with what I can work with. I have enough books now to last me for the rest of my life, but still when an author I like comes out with a new book, I have to get it to keep up with the rest of her stories.

    Happy quilting and "reading"! Edie

    That is all -

  8. #58
    Super Member pennyswings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Edie
    Check out Nancy E. TUrner - "These is My Words" - 1998, "Sarah's Quilt - 2005, and "The Star Garden - 2007. It is a series of three books - Sarah Prine~

    Fun books to either read or listen to are the books by Joanne Fluke - they take place in Minnesota. Fun mysteries and loaded with recipes!!!!!!!! Diane Mott Davidson is another good one.
    Mary Higgins Clark. Ann B. Ross. These are excellent for listening to and sewing or driving or just laying out in the back yard, listening to a good book and watching the clouds go by. Any book that is narrated by George Guidall I listen to. His voice, accents, changes in character are unbelievable.

    B ooks - The Shack, The Girls, Marley and Me, The Art of Racing in the Rain, Icy Sparks, March, On Agate Hill, On The Beach, The Memory Keeper's Daughter, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle.

    Authors - Carol Higgins Clark, Diane Mott Davidson, Richard PAul Evans,Earlene Fowler, Jan Karon, Wally Lamb (nasty language, but good stories), Beverly Lewis, Tracie Peterson, Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks.

    Our library gets rid of their old audio books, and other books by selling them for 50 cents. Needless to say, I have an awful lot of audio books. When I am through with some of them (those I do not want to keep), I give them to a blind friend of mine and when she is done she passes them on to the Lions Club or nursing homes, etc. So they are easy for people to listen to who can't read anymore.

    All that I have listed above is in cd form from the library. So I figure if they are in cd they are also in regular reading books. I also have books on tape that the library gets rid of just to make room for cds and of course they have the download program too. My computer has the capabilities, but I don't have an ipod or whatever they are, so I am happy with what I can work with. I have enough books now to last me for the rest of my life, but still when an author I like comes out with a new book, I have to get it to keep up with the rest of her stories.

    Happy quilting and "reading"! Edie

    That is all -
    Edie, thanks for the listings. I am always looking for a good book. I did not know there were sequels to "Prayers for Sale" I just loved that book. I am definetly going to look up some of these books as I have a credit this month and need another good book to listen to.
    I just finished a Nicholas Sparks book that I loved (but then I like most of his books) "The Last Song". Good story and of course he made me cry again!!

  9. #59
    Deezie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    116
    I go to Amazon.com

  10. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    184
    You can buy the Elm Creek series at most quilt shows too. that's where I got most of mine. Anybody made the Elm Creek quilts?

  11. #61
    bj
    bj is offline
    Super Member bj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    3,626
    I just signed up for Kindle for PC's. It's free and you can get any of the Kindle books at their price ($9.95, I think). I just read The Aloha Quilt. I liked it pretty well. I loved the descriptions of the Hawaiian quilt traditions. I've also ordered, but not started yet, two Earlene Fowler books.

  12. #62
    Senior Member turtlerouge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    frenchville, pa
    Posts
    448
    Blog Entries
    1
    i have all the series. my hubby got me them for Christmas last year.

    He got them from bookstore & walden books. If you need a special title, let me know, I'll keep watch for it.

    If anyone wants to borrow a book, you may as long as I get it back within 3 weeks from the time I ship it out & of course, take good care of it.
    If you do want to borrow it from me, pm me please.

    turtlerouge

  13. #63
    Super Member Edie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    2,617
    Blog Entries
    1
    If I didn't have so many darn irons in the fire I would make The Wedding Quilt! But the minute I think I have time for myself, something else pops up! So The Wedding Quilt sits on the back burner. Actually, that was one of my favorite stories. Edie

  14. #64
    Super Member JACRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SHELBYVILLE, KY.
    Posts
    1,268
    I've never heard of these books and I read all the time and belong to a bookclub at my library.Are they a story or are theyon quilting?

  15. #65
    Senior Member quiltstodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    597
    I got the whole series off ebay used.

  16. #66
    Super Member Edie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    2,617
    Blog Entries
    1
    Go to your library online and check under quilting-fiction. Also if you have a library link connecting you with your state and out of state, you can find out how yu get there from your local library. Also, this also works - google Quilting Stories - fiction. You can find a lot there, write them down, check with your library or check on line and get a general idea of what the story is about. My favorite books are the quilting stories. Edie

  17. #67
    Super Member JACRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SHELBYVILLE, KY.
    Posts
    1,268
    THANKS FOR THE INFO, WILL LOOK FOR THEM.

  18. #68
    Sassy913's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    71
    http://www.daedalus-books.com/ This is one of the best discount price book sellers I have found. Also Amazon.com but look for the used pricing. I have never had a bad experience with either and love books.

  19. #69
    diannscrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Summersville, Mo.
    Posts
    32
    Go to FindBookPrices.com has a list of what books you are looking for and where to find them with the prices, I found a lot of mine that way. The 2011 is out, it is called The Union Quilters

  20. #70
    Senior Member PiecesinMn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    446
    There are several books out with patterns. Also the Silvia Bridal Sampler
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    They are so popular. My library only carries a few. And the used book stores carry them . This is a wonderful authur. Enjoy. It will make you want to make all the quilts to go along with them. There is a Elm Creek Quilt book too. Happy reading.

  21. #71
    Senior Member PiecesinMn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    446
    I like these are well because of them being mysteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by bj
    I just signed up for Kindle for PC's. It's free and you can get any of the Kindle books at their price ($9.95, I think). I just read The Aloha Quilt. I liked it pretty well. I loved the descriptions of the Hawaiian quilt traditions. I've also ordered, but not started yet, two Earlene Fowler books.

  22. #72
    Senior Member PiecesinMn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    446
    There's a Quilters Kitchen in there somewhere as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by candlequilter
    Quote Originally Posted by Edie
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    They are so popular. My library only carries a few. And the used book stores carry them . This is a wonderful authur. Enjoy. It will make you want to make all the quilts to go along with them. There is a Elm Creek Quilt book too. Happy reading.
    I have every audio book. Be sure to start with the beginning. It all follows the lives of the quilters at Elm Creek. There also is a cookbook that goes with the books! The coffee cake is especially good!

    I hope this will help anyone who thinks halfway like me:

    1. The Quilter's Apprentice - 1999
    2. Round Robin - 2000
    3. Cross Country Quilters - 2001
    4. The Runaway Quilt - 2002
    5. The Quilter's Legacy - 2003
    6. The Master Quilter - 2004
    7. The Sugar CAmp Quilt - 2005
    8. The Christmas Quilt - 2005
    9. The Circle of Quilters - 2006
    10. The Quilter's Homecoming - 2007
    11. The New Years Quilt - 2007
    12. Winding Ways Quilt - 2008
    13. The Lost Quilter - 2009
    14. A Quilter's Holiday - 1009
    15. The Aloha Quilt - 2010

    Nos. 4-14 come together. Won't say a word about it. But, for what it is worth, I read the books in order and it kept the whole family together to totally understand it.

    I believe No. 6 has the quilting book for the Wedding Quilt book. I would love to make that quilt.

    Enjoy. Edie
    I have read the whole series too. Just starting my SBS quilt and have 3 blocks done so far. The Sylvia's Bridal Sampler book is great it shows each block with complete instructions on how to make it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.