Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machine Suggestions >

Embroidery Machine Suggestions

Embroidery Machine Suggestions

Old 06-16-2010, 03:21 PM

Price is an important factor - try to find a store which sells several brands. I began with Janome 300E, then 350 and now Brother Innovis 4000D; if I ever bought another it would be the Brother Quattro for the larger hoop - no need to use cloth setter as with Janome machines. Pfaff and Bernina machines look great but are the high end in price. There is a smaller Brother Disney machine with fewer decorative stitches etc but looks great as a second machine Do explore and you will have fun whichever machine you choose.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:53 AM

I have used Janome for years, and they are wonderful machines and easy to use. The 10001 model is relatively inexpensive and will do up to a 5 x 7 or larger if you buy the Giga hoop. However, they will not be supporting it much longer I bet. SO---I recently took the plunge, switched brands and bought a Babylock Ellisimo and am in love with this machine! I have a friend who has a Bernina 830 and it is not user friendly at all as well as being ridiculously expensive. Another friend has the Viking Diamond which is expensive too and a little difficult to learn to use. Most of my friends, however, have stuck with Janome and find them to be reliable and to have a great stitch quality. Try the embroidery only model, I think it is a 350E. Most of all, investigate before you buy!