Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
embroidery machine >

embroidery machine

embroidery machine

Old 02-16-2015, 11:27 AM

emblibrary has a lot of pertinent information on stabilizers. I have also learned a great deal from craftsy classes. Don't buy cheap thread. Threads I love, isacord, floriani, madeira. I have heard the brother brand is also nice in the brothers, have some but haven't tried it yet. Allstitch has good prices on prewounds I love filtec. Redrock threads sells lots of nice threads. It is addicting. Anita goodesigns are way cheaper through ebay if you like them you can find them half price on ebay. Youtube has lots of tutorials as well. If you haven't got software yet check out embrilliance essentials, it is a very affordable and super easy to use. There are lots of nice sites
emlibrary
urban threads
embroidery boutique
designs by juju
jolsonsdesigns
applique corner
applique momma
seceret garden
Old 02-16-2015, 12:22 PM

Thanks for all the information! I love this site, is there a website just for embroidery or sewing?
Old 02-16-2015, 01:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew_southern View Post
Thanks for all the information! I love this site, is there a website just for embroidery or sewing?
Yes, I can think of several that are dedicated to machine embroidery. Great for getting ME questions answered. Google 'machine embroidery forum'
Old 02-16-2015, 04:21 PM

Congratulations on your new embroidery machine! I know you will have sew much fun!!
I have been purchasing stabilizers, needles etc from World Weidner and have been extremely pleased with their prices and fast shipping.
http://www.worldweidner.com/
Old 02-16-2015, 04:47 PM

You definitely need an embroidery program - my dealer didn't carry one so never told me about getting one and it makes all the difference of putting together a group of designs and customizing. My ME is a Husqvarna/Viking so my program is just for those machines.

Everyone has given you great advice. Mine is to be patient with your machine and yourself. Feel free to ask all the questions you have here if you like. My friend just got the Brother PE770 and is having fun learning it. She has relied heavily on the YouTube videos mentioned above.

When I got my machine the dealer made it look so easy and I was going to go home and embroider everything that did not get out of my way. Well, I wanted to apologize to every quilter/embroiderer for every thought I had before thinking they took the easy way out using a machine instead of doing it by hand. There is a lot of learning, planning and more to machine embroidery than meets the eye. But it is so fun and the results can be very exciting.

Have lots of fun! We are all looking forward to seeing your creations.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:41 AM

Check out Embird for a wonderful program to help you combine designs. Also my #1 pick for embroidery designs in hatched in africa. Lovely designs that sew out the best. One thing I found out about embroidery library designs is they sew out super heavy, read on a site their designers are paid by the stitch. You want your designs as light as possible while keeping the integrity of the design.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:52 PM

Smartneedle.com has rewound bobbins for a good price. I like no show mesh for stabilizer
Old 02-17-2015, 07:39 PM

ABC Machine Embroidery has several really good articles to help you learn how to do a lot with embroidery. http://abc-machine-embroidery.com/Em...aspx?s=OrderBy ASC&p=0
Old 02-18-2015, 04:59 AM

Hope you have many great moments with your new machine. I do embroidery on my diamond once in a while. I find that I always need another color, you know, just a shade different! I am able to use sulky without any trouble so I buy it at JAF whenever it is on sale. I have a sheet that came with my brother embroidery machine that shows all the colors that they sell. I checked each one that I have so I do not repeat. I don't think that whatever I make will be an heirloom. Just fun stuff!
Old 02-18-2015, 05:34 AM

Take any classes from your seller that are available. That way you will learn what your machine can do.