Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 101 of 150 FirstFirst ... 51 91 100 101 102 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3733

Thread: Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Krystyna how have you been? I've missed you!

I have a new computer with Windows 8.1 and I have PED v. 5 and the two are not compatible. I have no interest in digitizing so the only thing I used PED for was to print out templates or look at the stitch order. I don't want to spend boocoo bucks on another PED (any version) unless I have no other choice. What software is out there
    that will give me what I want and not empty my wallet. My OS is 64 bit. I've already written to Brother and they told me that what I have is not compatible. So what can I get to fix my dilemma?

Nita, in downright COLD central Florida

Just wanted to thank everyone again for their help with my new machine. So far no problems. I've made a couple kitchen towels and some onesies. Boy, those can be hard to hoop!
    Holly

Which embroidery only machine would people recommend. Although I'm a beginner from my experience with my current sewing machine I know that if I bought one that is too basic, in a matter of weeks I would be buying one with more bells and whistles! So I'd put my budget at around 2-3000. If I gulp hard could perhaps go a little higher. Thank you

metallic threads

I just read this on metallic threads. I just might go get some and give it a try. http://community.annthegran.com/blog....hGvv0bCO.dpbs

I have the BL Spirit and really like it. I am a fan of separate machines. I had the combined and found I used it for embroidery then sewed on a lesser machine. That wasn't good because the combined machine had extraordinary features for sewing that weren't being used.

Everyone has their favorite and every brand has exceptional machines. For me it was the location of the dealer and the ease of purchasing accessories, etc for my machine along with the reviews on the machines. In my area the most common machines are Baby Lock, Brother, Pfaff and Bernina.

One of the local dealers had an anniversary event and lots of embroidery machines were used. The machines were sold for a large discount.

Let us know what you decide.
    Jo
    Happy Days!!! I am retired and have fabric and a sewing machine...what could be better than that?

Quote Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
    I love Floriani thread! I also have Sulky and quite a lot of them. This past Christmas I bought the 100 pk. thread and though costly it averaged to $2.30 a spool which isn't bad considering that the lqs sells it at $4.60 a spool. If I don't have the color that I need from Floriani then I'll I'll use the thread chart I have, with the actual threads not the printed color chart, and match them up with the sulky.
    I am finding out I do now prefer the Floriani over the Sulky. It seems to have a better "flow" coming off the spool and doesn't break as much. I like the look too. I may go back for more while it's still on sale.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
    Krystyna how have you been? I've missed you!
    Hanging in there. The stress of losing our house has taken it's toll on our health, but we're plodding along and trying to accept the fact that even if you pay insurance premiums faithfully, it doesn't mean the insurance companies are going to do the right thing. Or any of the taxpayer funded programs and charities that have millions to help flood victims. We've given up and will sell our property on Monday and take a HUGE loss, but we just don't have a spare $500,000 rattling around to rebuild. Hopefully we'll be able to get another mortgage and buy something elsewhere. BUT I'm grateful to have a roof over our heads in a time when so many do not. So ... I'm good!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Hanging in there. The stress of losing our house has taken it's toll on our health, but we're plodding along and trying to accept the fact that even if you pay insurance premiums faithfully, it doesn't mean the insurance companies are going to do the right thing. Or any of the taxpayer funded programs and charities that have millions to help flood victims. We've given up and will sell our property on Monday and take a HUGE loss, but we just don't have a spare $500,000 rattling around to rebuild. Hopefully we'll be able to get another mortgage and buy something elsewhere. BUT I'm grateful to have a roof over our heads in a time when so many do not. So ... I'm good!
    That awful for you. I do hope it works out for you. Best wishes to you for the future.

Krystyna I'm so sorry to heart that. I've heard the same from my friend's daughter. Eventually they moved out of the state and found a home much cheaper. Now its the part of finding good jobs. They both have temporary jobs but its a struggle. My prayers and hugs sent your way to you and your family. Keep your chin up!

Jratcliff, I'm going to my lqs today where they sell the Floriani thread. Quilty-Louise on this board swears by them so I bought one spool and fell in love with it. No breakage and the color sheen is great. Yes they are expensive but worth it imo.

How does Floriani thread compare to Isacord?

Blog Entries
    I have never used Isacord thread before so I honestly can't
    tell you.

But of all the thread I have used since I began machine embroidery
    (Dec 2006 or 2007 can't remember), Floriani is my #1 favorite.

PLUS I love that there is more on the spools than some of the other
    brands such as Maderia which has probably about 1/4 to 1/3 less than
    the Floriani.

PLUS the beautiful sheen of the Floriani Polyester thread is just good
    if not better than many (if not all) rayon threads.

Of course this IS just my personal opinion from my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    How does Floriani thread compare to Isacord?
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Quilty-Louise I totally agree. Though everyone's choice is different and the some machines are temperament. I tried Isacord one time and it worked well, but the sheen wasn't the same when the design was done. Today I ordered the 2 spool thread attachment for my emb. machine. This way the thread is standing up not down.

I mainly use Isocord thread and think I have all of the colors-it sews up beautifully with no trouble on my Bernina. I do like the Floriani thread because it has a beautiful sheen on the embroidered projects. Find Floriani works better for my machine when I put it in a cup and have it below the thread intake. But do love that thread.
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    Life Is About Using The Whole Box Of Crayons.

Love GAYG and digitized double wedding ring... got 6 rows done!!! 6 more to go

Quote Originally Posted by Katiedid2 View Post
    Love GAYG and digitized double wedding ring... got 6 rows done!!! 6 more to go
    What collection is this? Please post pictures.
    Jo
    Happy Days!!! I am retired and have fabric and a sewing machine...what could be better than that?

I am so sorry to hear about your Mother. I hope that she will get well soon.

Blog Entries
    While cleaning my sewing room I came across some designs that
    needed to have some findings added to them.

So I spent a couple hours today finishing them.

These designs are by Sonia Showalter Designs. For the "blue" feet
    I added a black rhinestone to the heel for those who might be fans
    of the "Tar Heels".

Name:  DSCN2864 (Small).JPG
Views: 364
Size:  134.8 KB

Name:  DSCN2870 (Small).JPG
Views: 330
Size:  136.3 KB

Name:  DSCN2865 (Small).JPG
Views: 359
Size:  146.9 KB
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Those are really cute love the embellishments you added.
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    Life Is About Using The Whole Box Of Crayons.

Louise those are just awesome! Love the baby feet ones! So cute to give as a gift to a new mom!

Blog Entries
    We used them as a fund raiser for the Right to Life trip to Washington DC
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Great idea Krystyna!

embroidery on quilts

Here is a quilts I did with embroidery years ago. Most of my embroidery quilts are on my old computer. When I transfer all of my designs to my new computer I will post a couple more.
    Syl
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Syl

embroidery on quilts

Here is a quilts I did with embroidery years ago. Most of my embroidery quilts are on my old computer. When I transfer all of my designs to my new computer I will post a couple more. Kinda fuzzy.
    Syl
    Syl

ThreadHead that is a gorgeous quilt. I'm trying to make out what designs are on it. Can you tells us? Thanks!

Page 101 of 150 FirstFirst ... 51 91 100 101 102 111 ... LastLast