Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 141 of 146 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 140 141 142 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 3640

Thread: Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

A good idea. Machine Embroidery is what I have always looked for. I have learned much by reading this thread. I don't offer back much because I've so much to learn!!
    SEW MUCH FUN!

I have a Janome 11000 which I have had for some years and have used very little. I am hoping to get to use it this year and learn more about machine embroidery which in the past has been daunting to me. Any help will be gratefully accepted. This is the first time I have posted so I hope it is in the right place.

Blog Entries
    I just saw this past weekend that with in the next month or so Brother is coming out with some affordable machines, one is an embroidery/sewing machine. Not sure the hoop size but its under 400, pretty good for a brother. They are trying to make is easier on the quilter/sewer to get a decent machine when you can't or don't want to spend a fortune on a machine. Great idea as far as I'm concerned.
    Judy

Quote Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
    I just saw this past weekend that with in the next month or so Brother is coming out with some affordable machines, one is an embroidery/sewing machine. Not sure the hoop size but its under 400, pretty good for a brother. They are trying to make is easier on the quilter/sewer to get a decent machine when you can't or don't want to spend a fortune on a machine. Great idea as far as I'm concerned.
    Brother has always had affordable lines of machines and there's been embroidery machines and combo sewing/embroidery machines at this price point for a while. On line shopping can get you just about anything at an affordable price.

Cari

I have a Janome 300E that has started making all kinds of noises when I try to stitch out a design. I am wondering if it would be advisable to have it serviced and fixed, or get a new machine. I have had this machine for years and it has stitched beautifully and it has done lots and lots of work for me. I am wondering if it is just worn out?

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Cari
    These are new out or will be out shortly. I have both Viking and Brother for different reasons and each has things the other doesn't that I love. Now my serger, its Babylock and I love it.
    Judy

Can anyone help with my question?

sounds good to me. sharing is what it is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by pewa88 View Post
    I have a Janome 300E that has started making all kinds of noises when I try to stitch out a design. I am wondering if it would be advisable to have it serviced and fixed, or get a new machine. I have had this machine for years and it has stitched beautifully and it has done lots and lots of work for me. I am wondering if it is just worn out?

Yes it's worth taking for a service if you can't do it yourself. It needs to be cleaned and oiled once in a while. It's still a popular machine even though it's not made any more.

Cari

sounds good to me. sharing is what it is all about.

Thanks Cari. I have kept it well maintained, regular cleaning and oiling but I cannot fix the hoop carriage arm. Thank you for your response.

Thanks Cari. I have kept it well maintained, regular cleaning and oiling but I cannot fix the hoop carriage arm. Thank you for your response.
    I have a Bernina and take it in once a year to be serviced by the dealer and have never had a problem with it. I keep it cleaned and oiled between times myself but the dealer makes sure things are working as they should. They also give it a deeper cleaning. So service for me is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Sewing Fan View Post
    I have a Janome 11000 which I have had for some years and have used very little. I am hoping to get to use it this year and learn more about machine embroidery which in the past has been daunting to me. Any help will be gratefully accepted. This is the first time I have posted so I hope it is in the right place.
    Have you tried to do any type of embroidery? I suggest an easy pattern to start with. It took me a long time to become comfortable with this thing we do.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Rhonda Lee,

What patterns do you suggest? (What makes one pattern easy and another difficult?)
    As much as I hate it, my seam ripper is my best friend.

Blog Entries
    I am just getting into embroidery. I have Anita Goodesigns. Are there other well digitized ones?
    Patski
    always learning

I decided to upgrade my machine after getting to demo the Janome 500E. After doing some research the 500E has had some issues with tension, right out of the box. I found this to be true with the one I got. After working to figure this out I merely changed the bobbin from what the dealer had given me, Janome prewound bobbins. Well that was the problem. I changed back to the cheaper prewounds that I had used before and the stitch is beautiful, with no adjustments at all. This is good info for those that are having these tension problems.

Patski, Those are good designs but there are many good digitizers online that have very reasonably priced designs. Embroidery Library, Amazing Designs, Etsy has hundreds of digitizers, Planet Appliqué for appliqué and the list is endless really.

I decided to upgrade my machine after getting to demo the Janome 500E. After doing some research the 500E has had some issues with tension, right out of the box. I found this to be true with the one I got. After working to figure this out I merely changed the bobbin from what the dealer had given me, Janome prewound bobbins. Well that was the problem. I changed back to the cheaper prewounds that I had used before and the stitch is beautiful, with no adjustments at all. This is good info for those that are having these tension problems.
    This is the first I have heard about tension problems with the 500e. I've had mine for over a year with never a problem. I've used the Janome pre wounds as well as winding my own bobbins in all 3 of my Janome machines. The key with the 500e is using the proper bobbin case for the weight of thread you're using.

Cari

Cari,

Will you please write more about proper bobbin cases for thread weight? I didn't know this was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    Cari,

Will you please write more about proper bobbin cases for thread weight? I didn't know this was a thing.
    Okay, I'm specifically talking about the Janome 500e. It's the only machine I have that came with two bobbin cases. One has a yellow dot on it, that one is for regular embroidery, i.e.- whatever top thread you use and 60wt bobbin thread. The unmarked bobbin case(the one that comes in the machine, I don't know why) has less tension and is for heavier thread such as when you use the same thread top and bottom doing free standing lace.

Cari

Thanks, Cari. Your wisdom and insight is so helpful and appreciated here!

Thanks for the compliment Sushi. I'm not so sure it's as much wisdom and insight as it is "been there done that". I've made all the mistakes, some more than once, and I still learn something every time I use my machines. I'd love to someday be organized enough to teach.

Cari

Cari, Could you help me with a problem I am having with the 500e? I am trying to use a memory stick. I formatted the stick and wrote designs to it from the editor. These designs show up on the memory stick when it is in the computer. I took the stick to the machine and cannot find the designs in the folder. What am I missing? tia

pewa88, I have the same problem with my Brother PE770. I would love to know the answer too.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

I also just tried to import designs from my computer directly to the machine and am getting an error in communication message. The designs cannot be saved. I am beginning to think I have a lemon, so aggravated. Ready to call the dealer. Arghhhhhhhh

Page 141 of 146 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 140 141 142 ... LastLast