Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Emergency!!! stained fabric...updated pic of front p.2

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb M
    My husband worked at a dry cleaners when he was younger, and then became a mechanic. He says that carb cleaner is exactly the same chemical that is in dry cleaning chemicals. He has used carb cleaner many times when we've had badly stained clothing and it works perfect, you can get it in any auto supply store. Hope this will help.

And you know, the quilt is so beautiful, your mom would want you to give it to her anyways, tell her what happened, and then take it back after christmas to clean it if you dont have time before

PS the carb cleaner, you spray it on, and then rub the spot, and then wash
    K, so I gave my mom the quilt anyways, and explained what happened, and she doesn't care. We're going to try the hairspray thing, and we'll try the carb cleaner too, thanks for all the suggestions! I'll go through all of them untill I find something that works :)

it is beautiful, so many little squares...

Did you get the stain out?

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Haven't tried yet, we're going to buy some stuff today, since everything was closed yesterday.

Blog Entries
    Good luck! I know how you feel, I gave my Dad an embroidered shirt that had a HOLE cut in it because I had to take out something. :( :(

:twisted: :twisted: I would definitely try mineral spirits which are available at hardware stores, Lowes, Home Depot, paint departments in chain grocery stores, etc. and it is really cheap. I use it to remove paint from my hands, paint brushes, and paint spots on my clothes if necessary. I have never had a problem with it removing color or damaging my clothing, but you will have to wash it out well to remove the odor. Just try putting some on a piece of toweling and rubbing gently. If that doesn't work then I don't think anything will. If that stuff was not coming out of the can in a nice spray I would return it to the store because that is not what spray adhesives are supposed to do. You also should only use a light spray because a little goes a long way. Hope this helps.

Good luck!!!

Let us know how you removed the stain.

Hope all turns out well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2