Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
En español porfavor >

En español porfavor

En español porfavor

Old 10-11-2016, 11:36 AM

I could understand the message/question, but there's no way I could communicate, even in print....although I had 3 years of Spanish in college.

But welcome! And I hope you find someone who can help you with the members of your community.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Neuras View Post
Se encuentra alguien aquí que practique el quilting en México o que hable con fluidez el español? Gracias!
NEuras...I do speak Spanish.....and you can send me a PM...living out of the Us is limiting us as to quilting fun...but I am doing my best ....I met wonderful people in here...( even met with one personaly...)
I am very interested to know what it is all about....I have been living in central part of Mexico for many years now.....and the closet qullting store to me is more than two hours drive...good luck...
Old 10-11-2016, 12:27 PM

Thanks for deleting.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by love 2 sew View Post
I wish I knew other languages. Maybe after I retire.
I started learning Spanish when I was over 65. The easiest way is to teach the Spanish people how to speak English. I used flash cards, and as they learned the English, I learned the Spanish. Then I took some courses, too. I also learned a little Russian before we went to Russia. That was great fun and very helpful. Learned a few phrases in Turkish before we went there, too. Not fluent in anything but English.

Once you learn a second language, the third comes easier.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:26 PM

Hola from Pennsylvania! I am fluent in Spanish and English. From Puerto Rico, but grew up living all over the US and Mexico (military brat). Took up quilting about 15 years ago. Initially self taught, but started taking a few classes. Now I'm the proud owner of an innova long arm and make and sell quilts, and other quilted items. The members of this board are very friendly and helpful. Welcome!
Old 10-11-2016, 06:29 PM

Hola Ana! We're in central Mexico are you located?
Old 10-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Long Island NY. I love having people of different locals. I love to see what quilters are doing all over the world. Please bless us with some of your photos, and if you don't mind, pictures of things you'd love to show us. on another thread, a woman was showing us pictures of her everyday life, and we all held on to every word for more info, pictures and stories. So please, let us see where you live, what kind of fabrics are in your stores, and the styling of quilts in your area. As far as I'm concerned, you are welcome here, and look forward to seeing your work.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:34 PM

I just saw this topic, so sorry to read that there were nasty comments, but happy they were deleted. I was able to read & understand the first posting, but would not be able to reply in Spanish is print or verbally. I am Mexican descent but did not grow up speaking Spanish, took many courses over the years, able to read basic, easy phrases in Spanish & spoke it when I worked in public health 30 years ago, but apparently with a horrible accent that would probably come through in print-LOL. Sadly not being exposed to Spanish for so many years I have lost most of it, my goal was to be fluent but when we moved away from the Spanish speaking area I couldn't keep up. Now I am a senior citizen plus, with hearing problems so even more difficult.
So that is a long way of saying welcome!
Old 10-12-2016, 07:09 PM

Welcome from Arkansas. This is a great board and the people are very helpful.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:05 AM

Welcome!!!! Thank you so much, PatriceJ! I didn't respond earlier as it looked like it was going downhill fast. I have belonged to multinational boards in the past, and each language who wanted one, had their own room or section, like we have Main & Pictures, etc here on the QB. I'm all for inclusion rather than exclusion.