Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
English Paper Piecing >

English Paper Piecing

English Paper Piecing

Old 06-09-2020, 08:13 PM

Default English Paper Piecing

I wanted something that was portable and easy to take to appointments or outside so I decided I would try English Paper Piecing. First attempt and I am loving it.

Last edited by Patchworkbarb; 06-09-2020 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Delete post can’t post picture
Old 06-10-2020, 04:46 AM

That's why I started EPP, too. I would cut chunks out of every fabric I had and make an ever growing pile. now I have a whole bunch of hexies (and still more fabric cut waiting to turn into hexies)with no particular rhyme or reason. but somedays I like to sit on floor and rearrange them in containers, sometimes by value, saturation, or pattern. it's like a trip down memory lane thinking about the projects that those fabrics came from. Maybe one day I will actually *do* something with them....
Attached Thumbnails pre-owl.jpg  
Old 06-10-2020, 05:31 AM

I love it too. It’s great to have a portable project. I’m doing rosettes for the millifiori quilt.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by LAF2019 View Post
That's why I started EPP, too. I would cut chunks out of every fabric I had and make an ever growing pile. now I have a whole bunch of hexies (and still more fabric cut waiting to turn into hexies)with no particular rhyme or reason. but somedays I like to sit on floor and rearrange them in containers, sometimes by value, saturation, or pattern. it's like a trip down memory lane thinking about the projects that those fabrics came from. Maybe one day I will actually *do* something with them....
Wow! and I thought I was bad! As you can see from my avatar I love EPP! I have been collecting more Hexi's that Imaginable lately. I picked up the Hexi die to go with my Accuquilt recently and am loving it for perfect cuts. I have bags that I hand cut over t he years and another quilt that is a take with me is slowly developing. Great for dr. appts and infusions times.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:59 AM

I love the EPP and made a quilt with my small dresden plate EPP. I like that it is portable as I would take it with me everyday while I sat with my Mom in the nursing home. She slept alot but I felt if she woke up she would feel more comfortable. I feel EPP is very relaxing.
LAF2019-You sure do have a big supply of hexies and love how you have all the colors together. What are you planning on making with all of those?
Old 06-10-2020, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

EPP is my favorite travel project- I always have a kit ready to take on vacation with me. I can baste a lot of pieces in the car.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:12 PM

I finished a EPP scrappy top that I started a couple years ago to learn EPP. I really like it and am planning to do something more advanced next time.

hexies2-qb.jpg

Last edited by cashs_mom; 06-10-2020 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:02 PM

Colorful quilt top CM!
I started to put together these cute owls in a scrappy, but color coordinated fashion. right now they are just hanging by pins above my ironing station, but, again, I don't know what the plan is from here. Almost done adding a purple one to the family!
Attached Thumbnails 20200211_165419.jpg  
Old 06-11-2020, 02:57 AM

Very cute projects Laf

I started doing hexies also for the same reasons but now with this virus, not much travelling is happening. I just wanted to try EPP and I realize how much I love doing this as a carry-on project. My only regret is that I started too small. Mine measures 1" I probably will switch to bigger once what I have already cut are done. I then I will try to combine them all in a same project and come out with a layout…but this is for a far future….
How big are yours?
Old 06-11-2020, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

I found a big hexagon beautiful designed storage box and of course had to buy it. That is what I use to keep together all my EPP supplies.