EQ 7

Old 10-11-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Originally Posted by skaduzy
I have it and never use it because I haven't taken the time to learn but I do have a question. I know it figures yardage but does it tell you what size to cut your pieces including the 1/4" or is that asking way too much of the program and you need to figure it out for yourself? If it does, where do you find the instruction?
Thanks.
What I have found is that it figures the size of the pieces including seam allowances within your blocks. It will give you templates to print with seam allowances; rotary cutting sizes; and if applicable paper piecing foundations with preview and print options. What sizes to cut borders, sashings, and the like you have to figure on your own. It also tells you approxiamately yardage used in a quilt to the nearest 1/8 of a yard.

This info is found in the File>Print tab.
Thanks for the information.

:-)
Old 10-11-2011, 07:37 PM

I bought one because it looked really easy in the demos. I find it difficult and confusing to use. Maybe it is just me, but I am not that crazy about it. It won't do what I want to do, so I won't be buying any more. If you are adept at reading the small print, following instructions, etc. you may like it. I can learn better when shown how to use things. However, I don't care for the sketchbook feature as you have to paste blocks for each project, and I would like to just delete some of the projects I started and don't like. Suggestions anyone?
Old 10-11-2011, 08:43 PM

I have had it over a 2 years. Can't figure it out,.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by RobertaMarie
I bought one because it looked really easy in the demos. I find it difficult and confusing to use. Maybe it is just me, but I am not that crazy about it. It won't do what I want to do, so I won't be buying any more. If you are adept at reading the small print, following instructions, etc. you may like it. I can learn better when shown how to use things. However, I don't care for the sketchbook feature as you have to paste blocks for each project, and I would like to just delete some of the projects I started and don't like. Suggestions anyone?
Go to the Start Button (Windows in a circle) in the LL corner of your screen. Rt click with the mouse. Click on Explore. In the dialog box click on Documents. You should have a folder named "My EQ7". Left click to open. Open the PJ7 folder by left clicking the mouse. All your EQ projects should be in this folder. To delete any project, right click on the desired project folder (there are other options you can do as well); click on your choice ie "delete" and your unwanted project is tossed into the recycle bin. Hope directions are clear for you to follow. Good luck.

To delete just a quilt or block in a project go to View Sketchbook and right mouse click on the unwanted item and choose "delete" and answer yes to the dialog box question.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:13 AM

Thank you everyone that suggested Quilt In A Day for the EQ7. Right or wrong, I just ordered it, and managed to save $50.00 to boot by ordering it from Quilt in a Day(BONUS), plus they said they are sending a free gift...HMMMMMMMMM!!! Just wanted to say thankyou for all the feedback and I will keep you posted on my progress once I receive the EQ7.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit
How hard is it to learn this software? I have never used any of it so where would I start, with the EQ7?
If you go to their website, they have classes where they explain certain technics. I just took such a class where I learned how to put the sashing between blocks. They do the class in sections and you have a week to do each lesson. Iam planning on taking another course with the same teacher.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:06 AM

When I looked on ebay, I found one listed for about $90. Seems awfully cheap compared to what they normally run. Says it's brand new and they have more than one available. Is there something I am missing? What kind of questions do I need to ask seller?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Camping Angel
When I looked on ebay, I found one listed for about $90. Seems awfully cheap compared to what they normally run. Says it's brand new and they have more than one available. Is there something I am missing? What kind of questions do I need to ask seller?
Ask if it's just the CD or does the manual come with it. That is a cheap price also you may not be able to register it with EQ online.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:28 AM

I'll answer my own question now. Looked at the ebay listing again and it is the Upgrade to EQ 7. Makes more sense now.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:17 AM

Thank you for the help, that sounds really good.