EQ 7

Old 10-12-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by RobertaMarie
I find it difficult and confusing to use.
As much as I love it, I'll be among the first to tell you that it was more difficult for me to learn than any other program.

But, keep playing with it and you get this "Aha!" light bulb moment. :)

I can learn better when shown how to use things.
There are a lot of video instructions included in the program that show specific tasks step by step. Those were really helpful to me.

However, I don't care for the sketchbook feature as you have to paste blocks for each project,
There are thousands and thousands of blocks available in EQ format - if all of them (and all the fabrics and threads and colors, etc) were already in each project when you opened the program, it would take half an hour to open it, even with a fast computer.

For most layouts, you're only going to use 1-4 different blocks, so importing the blocks that you are going to use is very fast.

and I would like to just delete some of the projects I started and don't like. Suggestions anyone?
If you want to get rid of the entire project, just use Windows Explorer to find the PJ7 folder in your My EQ7 folder. Right click the project that you want to delete and click "Delete."

If you have several different quilts all in the same project and you only want to delete a few of the layouts, open the sketchbook, click on Quilts, select the quilt that you want to delete and click "Delete."

You can do the same with blocks in the sketchbook.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:15 PM

I love my EQ7 for changing sizes of blocks. It really makes it sew easy. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 10-15-2011, 03:59 PM

I started with EQ 5 and upgraded to 6... Love this program... I have designed 3 quilts on it now... scanning in my material then do the quilt... will upgrade eventually.. I love that you can change and save blocks, designs... etc.. found some interesting ones by a tap of the key... anyway ... if you take the time to use and learn it... ( I still haven't learned all it can do)... you will enjoy it.. there are some classes out there... I know of one of my LQS that does this but you have to have a laptop... I don't.. so learn on my own... Have fun and be creative...
Originally Posted by quilterella
I was going to ask for feedback on purchasing the EQ 7, but, I searched it, and everyone seems to love it. I am about to order it, once I convince myself I am worth it, so, I would definitely appreciate new feedback from anyone that is using EQ 7. A while back, I asked fellow board members to do me a mock up of a dresden plate on point, and they did a beautiful job. DH says go for it...it will just enhance your creativity, but, $190.00 plus taxes and shipping...ouch. So, please any feedback at this point would be greatly appreciated. I really only need alittle coaxing...LOL!
Old 10-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Banned

I bought it and love it. Use it a LOT. Only wish it would also give the directions of how to put the quilts together! If it actually does that can someone tell me how/where I find that area?

I started out with EQ7 never used any other one before and was designing quilts after the first 5 lessons that come with it.

GO for it.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy
I have it and love it! Just wish I used more! it does take time to get used as with any new program. I think you will be happy with the investment
I agree with QuiltingKrazy. it is fun to use but takes time. I have seen all of their tutorials several times and if I am after something particular I go through them again until I find what is the best for me at that time. Get it you definitely deserve it if you are a quilter and your husband told you to. Here in Australia it is over$300. But I got mine on special before it hit the shops.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy
I have it and love it! Just wish I used more! it does take time to get used as with any new program. I think you will be happy with the investment
I agree with QuiltingKrazy. it is fun to use but takes time. I have seen all of their tutorials several times and if I am after something particular I go through them again until I find what is the best for me at that time. Get it you definitely deserve it if you are a quilter and your husband told you to. Here in Australia it is over$300. But I got mine on special before it hit the shops.