Eq 7

Old 03-10-2016, 06:24 AM

Default Eq 7

Has anyone heard of any great sale on the EQ 7 software? This is their 25th anniversary. I am interested in getting the software. Thanks for any leads.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

The best price I have seen is at the Quilt in a Day site. You have to put the package in your shopping basket to see the price:
https://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponline/gift/28132
Haven't heard of any anniversary specials, but sounds like something to look into.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:24 AM
Power Poster

Yes, I have heard that QIAD is the best place when she has it on sale. You might want to sign up for her emails. I bought my EQ7 used on eBay for around $100.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:55 AM
Power Poster

You can split the cost with a friend. You can activate it on two computers at the same time.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
You can split the cost with a friend. You can activate it on two computers at the same time.
You are legally not suppose to do that. It is for the use of only the registered owner.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
You are legally not suppose to do that. It is for the use of only the registered owner.
Yes you can. EQ CS told me it was fine to share it with my sister. It doesn't matter what two computers it is on.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:22 AM
Power Poster

Yes you can. EQ CS told me it was fine to share it with my sister. It doesn't matter what two computers it is on.
Wow, I am amazed at that because the way copyright laws work and the software industry in general it is illegal to share software in the way you describe. Multiple license software is intended for people with multiple computers or businesses where they will be running the s/w on multiple machines. Technically one customer but many users. This is why many software products have code written right into the software that ties it to only one computer and if that computer dies, you better have kept all your paperwork to get the s/w developer to issue another key for the s/w to work on another computer. I worked for years for a software developer and had it drilled into me over and over how loading a software program onto more machines than it is licensed for is illegal.

I do know EQ7 allows you to load the s/w on up to five machines but always thought that was a courtesy because many people wanted it on their desktop and their laptop or upgraded their machines or even to sell the software if they found they didn't like it and a new key would be available to the new purchaser. The intention was one user with multiple machines, not to share the software with friends and family until all allowable licenses are used up. I am very shocked EQ condones that. It is very generous of them and definitely outside the box of how most s/w development companies work.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

I do know EQ7 allows you to load the s/w on up to five machines
My EQ7 will only activate on two computers, if I want to put it on a third one I have to deactivate one of the two or buy another package. It will not allow me to download more then two activation at a time. EQ7 has to be downloaded online from the disc in the package. One computer address to one activation.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:34 AM

My EQ7 will only activate on two computers, if I want to put it on a third one I have to deactivate one of the two or buy another package. It will not allow me to download more then two activation at a time. EQ7 has to be downloaded online from the disc in the package. One computer address to one activation.
This is true. I had to deactivate mine on one pc when I changed. I'm considering selling mine. I never use it and now I hae digitizing software to learn and some others, I don't think I'll ever use it. I haven't even spent 10 hours total on it since I got it. I'm trying to get rid of what I don't use.