Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ question concerning block printing >

EQ question concerning block printing

EQ question concerning block printing

Old 10-21-2014, 03:15 AM

Default EQ question concerning block printing

i like using my eq7 but have not done all the lessons and just bumble along on my own. mostly it works.
yesterday i tried to print out the rotary cutting instructions for a block that had a snowball block within it and it didn't include the center of the snowball. it is in the block diagram and is given an identifying letter. it had all of the other shapes in the block including the little triangles to put around the snowball.
so i have two questions-
1 -did it not include that piece because it doesn't consider it a shape that i would rotary cut?
2 -would the fabric needed to make those snowballs still be included in the final quilt yardage?
Old 10-21-2014, 04:49 AM

I opened EQ7 and made a plain snowball block using patchdraw. The center starting block did not print for me, only the corner triangles. It wouldn't print using Easydraw or when I chose a snowball block from the library. I think you really need to call the EQ helpline. The designer said that's why that number is there. I will be curious as to what the explanation is and how to work around it.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

I think when you are using the rotary cutting that EQ doesn't print out the background square. Think of your snowballing as applique. You might find if you want to cut the corners off of your square, try using the template option or the PP. I am snowballing two sides of a 4.5" cut square. I figure out with the help of a friend that I needed to cut 2.5" square to make a snowball triangle that was 2" finished. I too am trying to muddle thru EQ7 since my last version was EQ5.
Attached Thumbnails eq-pp.jpg  
Old 10-23-2014, 02:18 AM

thank you for letting me know that i am not the only one encountering this. when something doesn't workout quite the way i expected, i start thinking i missed a step somewhere.
i will try to look up the helpline number and see what they say.
i checked and the snowballs do show up in the templates so if i had to i could print them out and measure them to get the size squares to cut.