Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ5 is driving me crazy! >

EQ5 is driving me crazy!

EQ5 is driving me crazy!

Old 05-30-2011, 03:43 AM

I have EQ5 and there are certain layers you can't lay your block on, can't remember at this moment. So yes, try a different layer, I'm sure that is your problem. I seldom use mine, and it too was given to me, but its good for just what you described.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:51 AM

You say you hate yours so I'm going to ask you a question. Is it really that bad. I would love to have EQ7 but I figured that it would be cheaper to get 5 or 6 and since I don't have too much money that will have to wait. I'm pretty good a computers and I don't mind a challenge but I don't want to have to beat myself up over something either. So you don't think it's worth the price; right or wrong. I've heard alot of people on her rave about 7 but that price isn't in the budget so I figured also that if I got a lower version I could upgrade cheaper than the new one. Is it that bad?
Old 05-30-2011, 03:52 AM

Try putting the block on layer 2. I don't have my EQ on this laptop and am away at the moment, but I do recall having some of your same problems. You can align and size you layer 2 blocks with exact spec using the toolbar that shows up when you are working on layer 2. It is a learning curve, but once you get the feel of it it starts to make internal sense.

Diana
Old 05-30-2011, 04:25 AM

Did you get the set of books with it I used them to get the idea of how to do things it they have show you step by step how to do and use all of the different options
Old 05-30-2011, 04:53 AM
Power Poster

Maybe this will help...http://doyoueq.com/phpBB3/index.php
Old 05-30-2011, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
"Can't set drawing on base layer of quilt (use Layout Options to remove restrictions)."
when you try to set the blocks, you need to make sure that it is a colored block. it is not possible to set the block drawing uncolored.

also, make sure you are on Layer 1.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg
You say you hate yours so I'm going to ask you a question. Is it really that bad. I would love to have EQ7 but I figured that it would be cheaper to get 5 or 6 and since I don't have too much money that will have to wait. I'm pretty good a computers and I don't mind a challenge but I don't want to have to beat myself up over something either. So you don't think it's worth the price; right or wrong. I've heard alot of people on her rave about 7 but that price isn't in the budget so I figured also that if I got a lower version I could upgrade cheaper than the new one. Is it that bad?
I love mine. There are still things I don't know how to do and I didn't get any books with mine so it is all trial and error. But I am having a great time using it. I've designed so many things on it. It just takes practice. Yes, I would love to have EQ7 but it might as well be a million dollars to me. Go for it!! :D
Old 05-30-2011, 06:18 AM

I have EQ7 now but started with EQ6. I love it and use it a lot, but there is a learning curve. See if you can get the book from EQ website, that has tutorials that really help.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:21 AM

I have QuiltPro and have used it many times to draw blocks and set them before I color them. I've never used the manual for it. I've never used EQ so I can't compare them. Sounds like a lot more work to draw a block, though. I'm sure there are reasons why so many prefer EQ. I would like to know from someone whose used both, but that should probably be another thread. Good luck on your project.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
"Can't set drawing on base layer of quilt (use Layout Options to remove restrictions)."
when you try to set the blocks, you need to make sure that it is a colored block. it is not possible to set the block drawing uncolored.

also, make sure you are on Layer 1.
I do use Layer 1. I do color them in before setting them in the Sketchbook, but they show up as blank. But after reading this post I remembered I wasn't coloring in the whole block. I typically use a red, black, and white scheme when designing quilts and I didn't color in the parts I wanted white. So I thought maybe I'm thinking "white", but the program is seeing "blank". So I colored in the white parts.

Still didn't solve my problem. The blocks are still going in blank and I still can't set them into the quilt.